REAL PARTIES: Modern Garden Birthday

modern garden birthday party

Today’s featured “real party” is ridiculously cute! This contemporary Garden Party theme was created to celebrate the first birthday of Mark & Mandy’s adorable daughter, Elsie – but the look would also translate beautifully into a bridal shower, baby shower, or birthday for older girls as well…

modern garden birthday party

From the get-go, Mandy paid attention to all those little details. How cute are the invitations pictured above?! That’s the birthday girl featured on the invite, wearing one of the flower headbands that were the inspiration for the entire party.

modern garden birthday party

Coordinating paper patterns were used throughout the party – on everything from the lining of the invitation envelope to the party hats, cupcake tower, and loads of butterfly silhouettes that adorned the windows, walls, and flower arrangements. Acrylic discs were also backed with colorful papers to create the cool table motif pictured above and below.

modern garden birthday party

The centerpiece of the table was a 5 tiered cupcake display, made from scratch using cake discs, cake pillars, hot glue and screws, and decorative paper.

modern garden birthday party

modern garden birthday party

Little bottles of bubbles embellished with paper and butterflies made fun favors for little ones…

modern garden birthday party

And here’s a peek at the inspiration that kicked off all this wonderful creativity…those cute flower headbands (from the $1 bins at Target, by the way), and of course, the guest of honor, herself!

modern garden birthday party

Amazing party, Mandy – thanks for sharing!

By |2016-12-25T09:46:09+00:00June 26th, 2008|First Birthday, Parties for Girls|

1. amy June 26, 2008 at 5:30 pm

This is ridiculously cute, Mandy. I’m in love with the acrylic disc table topper. Just brilliant!

– Amy

2. Lily June 26, 2008 at 6:32 pm

This is seriously the sweetest party ever! The bubbles are adorable – and I love the butterflies on the wall!! Great job!

3. alison June 26, 2008 at 6:41 pm

i love the m&m’s in the glasses!

4. Mimi June 26, 2008 at 7:07 pm

I love how you are posting all of these real parties! Keep them coming, this one is gorgeous! :)

5. Shelly G. June 26, 2008 at 9:51 pm

I love this little party theme… Every part of it is darling… It makes me want to have a party :)

6. Julie Hansen June 26, 2008 at 11:30 pm

where did you do the beautiful invitations?
    Thanks for sharing such a darling party idea.

7. Indoor Water Fountains June 27, 2008 at 5:35 am

You party was an interesting one. All the pictures are really cute especially the kids with flower headband. It makes the feel of the garden party.

8. Carrie June 27, 2008 at 7:23 am

Wow! I love this party! Its absolutely adorable. My favorite thing is that beautiful cupcake stand that Mandy created. It makes me want to have a little girl! Great job.

9. […] Elsie’s birthday party was featured on Hostess with the Mostess (Real Parties). Hostess is one of my daily reads for lots of fabulous party […]

10. Jenn June 27, 2008 at 10:01 am

Hi Julie –

Mandy actually designed the invitations herself, and here’s what she said about the production:

“For the invites I printed the invite and then printed the pattern on pink paper for the back. I spraymounted the pieces together. I made envelope inserts to bring the patterned paper in, and used Zazzle for the custom Elsie stamps.”

Cheers,
    Jenn :)

11. megan June 27, 2008 at 11:18 am

Where did all those butterflies come from? Handcut? Various size hole punches? Store bought? I must know! They are too cute!

12. Jenn June 27, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Hi Megan –

Here’s Mandy’s answer to your butterflies question:

“The butterflies on the bubbles (tiny ones) were punched using a martha stewart punch, but the other butterflies were all hand cut. I found a “butterfly template” online and then cut it out on bristol board and used it to trace onto the paper. We cut and cut butterflies so we could have some swarms through the house. :)

One quick note: all of the paper was from Hobby Lobby – scrapbook paper which was patterned on the front and a matching color on the back so there was visual interest from all angles. We had them up in our house for a couple of weeks. ”

– Jenn :)

13. Maryann June 27, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Love the party. Very cute. i’m throwing my son’s 1st bday next month and we are doing a barnyard theme. How did you make the cupcake stand? I’m planning on making cupcakes for his party and would love to display on something similar. Thanks.

14. Jeannine June 27, 2008 at 3:44 pm

Hi Loved your party. what did you use to hang the butterflies so that it didn’t hurt your paint on the walls?

15. Leslie Swan June 29, 2008 at 8:47 am

That was such a cute party idea! Much different from the typical Elmo birthday party!

16. Michelle June 30, 2008 at 5:01 pm

I love it. We need a Animal theme one! :)

17. Angela M July 3, 2008 at 8:49 am

Can you give some more information please? I am wondering where can I find the acrylic discs? This is beautiful! Thank you!

18. ashleyD July 3, 2008 at 11:25 am

i’m AMAZED to say the least! so beautiful!!

19. Jenn July 4, 2008 at 12:47 pm

Hi Angela –
    I’m going to check in with Mandy and see if I can get that info on the acrylic discs for you…keep you posted!

Jenn

20. michelle d July 5, 2008 at 11:24 am

This party makes my mouth water! LOVE it! I would love info on the acrylic discs as well. Thank YOU