/////New Photo Gallery: Alison’s Baby Shower

New Photo Gallery: Alison’s Baby Shower

bird baby shower

Photos of the decor from Alison Sweeney’s baby shower are now up on the HWTM Facebook page! All the details for how to recreate the theme will be up in the baby shower themes section by the end of the month, but in the meantime, feel free to ask questions either here or in the photo gallery!

bird baby shower

For more info on Alison’s shower (hosted by Hot Mom’s Club & benefitting St. Jude Children’s Hospital), check out the Celebrity Baby Blog recap, or the previous posts here at hwtm: Shower Sneak Peek & Diaper Cake details.

alison sweeney baby shower

By |2018-02-12T20:47:22+00:00November 18th, 2008|Baby Girl, Baby Showers|

1. Lisa R. November 18, 2008 at 10:15 am

Everything is so adorable! I love the little pink birdies and the jordan almonds in the nests!

2. MixMingleGlow November 18, 2008 at 12:09 pm

It turned out beautifully! (Great job on the diaper cake, btw!!). Lovely touches everywhere!

3. Joanna (hostessjo.com) November 18, 2008 at 12:53 pm

Everything is great! Love all the little details.

4. laurie November 18, 2008 at 1:05 pm

The mom and bird centerpiece is so sweet! Love it all!

5. Sandra @ Ribbons and Favors November 19, 2008 at 8:10 am

Cute, cute, cute baby shower theme. I really like the multi colors that have been used from the traditional pastels and new brights. Especially nice that this theme doesn’t dictate a color but would be fun to combine other colors and still be “baby”.

6. Baby Shower November 25, 2008 at 5:52 am

Beautiful theme. Did you include baby shower games in this marvelous theme?

7. Tanaz November 26, 2008 at 5:52 am

Hi Jenn,

You are amazing in all that you do. I have two questions for you. I am doing a baby shower for my best friend.. She is having a little girl and I wanted to do a peaches n Cream theme. I love that fact that you served IZZE drinks. Where can I buy bottles at the best value… also the ostrich feathers where can I purchase those for the best value.. thank you

8. jenn s. November 26, 2008 at 12:11 pm

Thanks for the nice note, Tanaz! I love your theme idea – there are so many fun ways you can play up that theme – especially with food & drinks!

You probably already know this – but IZZE just came out with a Peach flavor (well, it’s the newest of the flavors at least) – so it will match your theme perfectly! I usually buy them BevMo or Target, but they’re often even on sale at the grocery store. (I’ve never had to purchase a super large amount like we had at Alison’s shower – because IZZE was one of the sponsors so all of the drinks were donated.) You can also get them at Amazon, but with the added cost of shipping, I don’t think it really saves you a lot of $.

For ostrich feathers, try Save-On-Crafts if you just want to purchase a few:

or for a ton of them (50+), try Fabulous Feathers:

You can also try local floral supply stores – they often have great deals, but you’ll usually be limited to the “stock” colors they have on-hand, like white or black.

Good luck with the planning!

Cheers,
    Jenn :)

9. Chris @ Celebrations At Home November 26, 2008 at 12:31 pm

This shower is beatiful. I love the decorated bird houses and the diaper cake is awesome!

10. Tanaz November 26, 2008 at 6:44 pm

Thanks Jenn I will check out the websites… and yes I knew about the peach.. I am excited to see how everything turns out..

11. Maryann January 8, 2009 at 2:04 pm

We plan to do something similar for our friend’s baby shower based on your inspiration. Do you plan to post the showee details in the party theme section anytime soon?

12. Debra January 10, 2009 at 7:22 pm

So sweet & springlike on a cold January day!

13. Melissa January 11, 2009 at 7:36 am

Hi!!! I just love this theme. I was wondering I am planning a baby shower and was wondering where you found your little pink birdies and the cut out birds. They are soooo cute and you are so talented. Thank you all for all your wonderful ideas.

Melissa
    Chasongspayde.com

14. jenn s. January 11, 2009 at 7:53 am

Maryann –
    We do plan to post the details soon – either this week or next week at the latest!

Melissa –
    The little pink birdies are from Michaels and the bird cut-outs are actually chipboard bird shapes that I traced then covered with scrapbook paper. I used 2 sizes of Maya Bird Coaster Albums: – they’re available at scrapbook stores and online.

Thanks for the kind words :)

15. Melissa January 12, 2009 at 9:46 pm

Thank you so very much for all the info. Ok one more Q I just love the paper you used!!! My I ask the paper company? It is hard to find the right look. Thank you again and for all your help. We really love all that you do. I would love to donate boxes sometime we just love to do giveaways.

Melissa

16. Christina January 19, 2009 at 10:09 am

So adorable … The colors are so perfect.

17. Linda January 23, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Jenn,

My daughter and I are planning a baby shower with the bird theme. Thanks for all the adorable ideas. I especially love the little twig (or is it wire) birds. I would love to know where I can get them and the adorable bird cookies or at the very least where I could purchase the cookie cutter. Thanks so much………….

18. jenn s. January 24, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Hi Linda –

The little wire/twig birds are from Target (in the candle aisle) and the bird cookies were custom made by Sunflower Baking in L.A., so you actually can order them – or she will create/sell custom cookie cutters too :)

Just mention you want the same design created for Alison Sweeney’s shower. Here’s the link to her website – she’s really nice!

19. jenn s. January 24, 2009 at 4:40 pm

I just realized she actually has a link to the exact cookies on her site! Here you go:

20. joanne cheng January 28, 2009 at 5:25 am

i love this theme and want to use it for a baby shower that i am throwing. where did you get the bird houses?