Hope you all had a wonderful holiday! I took a much-needed break from the computer for a few days, which was the best Christmas present ever – it’s amazing how different the world can look after a few good nights of sleep! Speaking of which… catch some extra zzz’s tonight and tomorrow night if you can – because we all have a good excuse to skimp on them again come Wednesday!
For the next few days we’ll be focusing on some fun ideas for ringing in the new year… starting with a few dessert recipes featuring one of the key ingredients for new year’s eve celebrations: champagne, of course!
Champagne Dessert Recipes:
1. White Peach, Cassis, and Champagne Floats – a super-easy & refreshing dessert that’s part Kir Royale, part peach parfait, and looks absolutely gorgeous!
2. Pink Grapefruit, Strawberry, and Champagne Granita with Sugared Strawberries – This granita recipe garnered rave reviews at Epicurious!
3. Champagne, Darling? Freezes – features lemon sorbet, champagne, and citrus vodka or limoncello…a true dessert cocktail!
4. Jelled Champagne Dessert – This glass of bubbly is served with a spoon!
5. Champagne Granita by Bobby Flay
(Key Ingredients: champagne, sugar & lemons)
6. Champagne Infused Strawberry Soup by Marcus Samuelson
(key ingredients: strawberries, champagne, lemon, mint leaves, & lime sorbet)
7. Non-alcoholic “Champagne” Chocolate Mousse by Rachael Ray
(Key Ingredients: chocolate chips, sparkling white grape juice, heavy cream)