HWTM > Party Inspiration > Bridal & Wedding > Bridal Showers > A Romantic Yellow & Gray Dessert Table

A Romantic Yellow & Gray Dessert Table

Quick Jump To » Vendor Credits | Comments

Yellow and Gray Dessert Table - Wedding or Engagement Party

This lovely, VINTAGE-STYLE DESSERT TABLE by Katie and Alice from KaLice Events was originally created for a wedding, but would be beautiful for an engagement party or vintage-inspired bridal shower as well!

50 handmade paper rosettes made for a stunning backdrop (great DIY idea for any theme!), and pretty accents like shimmery butterflies, lace doilies, love birds, and hanging crystals looked stylish & romantic in a palette of yellow, white and warm gray.

Yellow and Gray Dessert Table - Wedding or Engagement Party

Yellow and Gray Dessert Table - Wedding or Engagement Party

Read on for more lovely photos and all the creative details…

Yellow and Gray Dessert Table - Wedding or Engagement Party

Yellow and Gray Dessert Table - Wedding or Engagement Party

Yellow and Gray Dessert Table - Wedding or Engagement Party

Yellow and Gray Dessert Table - Wedding or Engagement Party

Yellow and Gray Dessert Table - Wedding or Engagement Party

Yellow and Gray Dessert Table - Wedding or Engagement Party

Yellow and Gray Dessert Table - Wedding or Engagement Party

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Alice…

“The bride approached KaLice Events about designing a dessert table for her wedding {in Georgia}.  She’s a big fan of doilies and wanted us to create a vintage-style dessert table in the colors of yellow, grey and white.

In order to incorporate the bride’s favorite dolies into our design, we decided to go with paper rosettes (aka lollies) as the backdrop for this dessert table.  We did a mix & match using dollies and vintage looking paper and handmade over 50 paper rosettes in various sizes!

To go along with the Butterfly theme that the bride had used for her table number design and wedding favors, we added some “butterflies” as accent decor on a few of the paper rosettes, and also on the mini cups that held our homemade desserts. The handmade brownie flags are made out of Japanese Washi masking tape, which we adore!  The white dessert stands with hanging crystals – together with the miniature wooden chairs & bird cage – added a distinctive vintage feeling to the entire design, and a doily-adorned banner reading “The Sweet Bar” tied all the details together!

Since there was already a 3-tiered wedding cake at the reception, we focused on an assortment of delicious treats to compliment the cake. The homemade desserts included white/yellow chocolate dipped pretzels, mini red velvet cupcakes, mini brownies with personalized flags, marshmallow pops, macaroons, etc.”

Vendor Credit
  • Dessert Table Design & Concept: Katie & Alice of KaLice Events
  • Photography:  KaLice Events
  • Homemade Sweets:  KaLice Events
  • Miniature Wooden Chairs: JoAnn’s
  • Mini Bird Cage: World Market
  • Grey & Yellow Floral Table Cloth: Target
  • Craft Paper: Michael’s & JoAnn’s
  • Dessert Stands: Various local storeS
By | 2017-02-03T10:02:53+00:00 May 25th, 2011|Bridal Showers, Engagement, Sweets, Weddings|43 Comments

JENNIFER SBRANTI is the Founder and Creative Director of Hostess with the Mostess®, a hip and modern party planning resource. HWTM brings creative entertaining ideas to light through an inspirational “how-to” website and popular daily blog. Having hosted countless celebrations herself, ranging from special occasion showers and everyday get-togethers to large events, Sbranti now shares her contemporary style and no-fuss approach to entertaining with others. Her ideas have been featured in media outlets such as People, InStyle Weddings, Life&Style, Real Simple, and Extra! TV, and she is a featured contributor for several well-respected online communities, including iVillage.com and BHG.com. Sbranti resides in San Diego with her husband {and business partner} Sonny and their sweet 1-year old daughter, Macy.

1. Terri May 30, 2011 at 7:28 pm

wow Awesome!! Have to have the cake stands wit crystals. love the color combo and rosette background!!

2. Christine {BestWeddingSites} June 1, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I love the simplicity of the grey and white – the yellow just adds that touch of fun and ties it all together. Amazing photoshoot and truly inspiring. Well done…

3. Tina June 2, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Stunning! I currently have the very same table cloth in my dining room.

4. charlotte catering service June 3, 2011 at 11:28 am

This is amazing!! I love the color palette and the fans in the background are such a great idea. Nice find!

5. BCCA June 5, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Love this color combination!! Very creative. Question: where did you get the round silver card holders?

6. Leslie June 5, 2011 at 5:35 pm

beautiful just beautiful! I love the shades of color.

PERFECT

7. Kim June 6, 2011 at 4:15 am

Yellow and grey is one of my favorite color combo’s! This is such a beautiful party! I LOVE those cake stands with the diamonds and the paper flowers make such a beautiful eyecatcher!

8. Katie June 15, 2011 at 6:34 am

Thank you so much for all the kind words. We are so thrilled to be featured on HWTM! We have decided to recreate this and you can purchase the same backdrop (or in different color) on etsy!

BCCA-We got the round silver card holders at Michael’s.

9. maritza June 30, 2011 at 3:18 pm

hola soy de MEXICO me encanto tu pagina felicidades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Kassia August 3, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Hi, I love the colors and decorations so much. I want to make the collage of lollies for my wedding. Do you know how in the world they stuck them all together and what they stuck them on? I’m searching the internet for advice on how to do that and I’m finding nothing!! Any help would be appreciated.

• KaLice Events August 20, 2011 at 9:31 am

Hi Kassia, we attached the rosettes using regular household tape. They stayed up on the wall without falling apart during the entire reception. Hope this helps!

11. Kalena August 13, 2011 at 8:58 am

Absolutely LOVE the rosette backdrop! I’d really like to know how you were able to attach it all together on the picture frame without ruining it? I have a venue for a baby shower with a frame I would like to cover with rosettes. Thanks for the help!

• KaLice Events August 20, 2011 at 9:24 am

Thanks Kalena. We used regular household tape to attach them on the frame without any problem. They held up during the entire reception. Hope this helps!

12. Jennifer September 1, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I am doing a baptism for my son and I want a white and gray themed party with hints of pale blue. Very clean, simple, and pure. Anyone have any printables or ideas for baptism parties. Please email me!

13. Ebony September 22, 2011 at 11:49 am

WHY am I just seeing this… This is unbelievably gorgeous! I just love the pinwheels and doilies!!!

Ebony
    Sparkling Events & Designs

14. anna December 1, 2011 at 11:04 am

thanks!

15. Sandra December 14, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I have come back to this table so many times. It is one of my all time favorites and I would love to re-create this for my birthday in January.

16. Sandra December 24, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Love your beautiful table setting! Would you mind sharing where I could find the cake stands with crystals? Thanks.

17. Ali February 10, 2012 at 10:00 am

Hi I was wondering if you could share how to make that paper rosette backdrop I love the idea and would love to use it for my engagement party thanks so much !

18. Dianne February 17, 2012 at 11:56 am

I LOVE these colours and the table arrangement and paper pin wheel decor is stunning. I’d love to try to do a version of this for our wedding/dessert table decor. Thanks for sharing!
    D

19. Nain May 4, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Thank you for the inspiration! I used this to make the backdrop for my nephew’s birthday! Everybody loved it! http://artfulgivings.blogspot.com/2012/05/big-one-in-one-evening.html

20. Jessica July 22, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Looove this! I am hosting a bridal shower in these colors soon. I have 3 questions:
    1) Where can I buy this tablecloth?
    2) Where can I find the paper to make the backdrop?
    3) What do you attach the backdrop to? Some sort of frame it looks like. What size?
    Thx so much!! <3