You may recognize these adorable Twine Cupcakes from the “Cute as a Cupcake” Baking Themed Party posted earlier today. They are just too sweet to keep to ourselves – especially with all those rhinestone “sprinkles” – so we asked Nicole of Libby Lane Press if she would share her adorable “recipe” with us. Ya… we thought you might like that. ;) Scroll down to check it out, and happy cupcake “baking”!
TWINE CUPCAKES – A DIY TUTORIAL
by: Nicolle Spitulnik
– Small Styrofoam sphere – 2.5 in.
– Baker’s Twine
– Cupcake Liner
– Fabri-Tac fabric glue
– Hot glue gun/glue
– Adhesive gems
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Squeeze a small amount of Fabri-Tac fabric glue around the lower section of the styrofoam sphere. This adhesive dries very quickly so be sure not apply too much at once. Repeat the steps of adding Fabri-Tac, then wrapping until the upper half of the sphere is completely covered in baker’s twine. Since the bottom will be affixed to cupcake liner with hot glue there is no need to wrap the bottom.
2. Slice a small portion of the rounded bottom of the Styrofoam ball off to create a flat surface to glue the twine “cupcake” into the liner. Place a small amount of hot glue in the bottom of the cupcake liner. Once glued the Styrofoam sphere is glued into the cupcake liner you should not see any of the white Styrofoam exposed. If so, add additional baker’s twine.
3. Embellish the top of your cupcake with adhesive gems and pearls to act as sprinkles.
4. Place cupcake into an individual cupcake box for delivery with the coordinating invitation or display on a cupcake stand for your next sweet little soiree.