So….. I’m extra excited to share this post because it’s been LONG time coming! This is a theme I designed back in early May – a “Retro Rainbow Baby Shower” with a fun mix of sunshine, rainbows, and throwback inspired elements like retro candy, color blocked gold chargers and DIY sequin-embellished disco baby roller skates, which now double as one of my favorite pieces of office “decor.” ;)
Pretty much the very next minute after this project wrapped though… life, work, and [insert all of the above] happened. There just always seemed to be something more pressing to tend to (as is often the case when it comes to “your own” projects… I’m sure many of my fellow creatives can relate), so Retro Rainbow sat patiently in a folder on my Mac, just waiting to one day see the light of day again.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS TO LOOK OUT FOR:
- Quilt-batting “cloud” centerpiece + rainbow button “rain drops”
- A (super easy) alternate centerpiece idea made from printable paper clouds
- Color-blocked chargers and glasses (made with painter’s tape & spray paint)
- Party Favors: Retro candy packaged in mini glittered baby bottles with printable flags
- Chair backs decorated with ribbon & glittery hearts (+ a cloud for mom-to-be’s chair!)