Mini pies make for such a cute presentation and are well received at any occasion – even Thanksgiving! If you want to try something different – or add a compliment to – your traditional large pies, are a couple tasty recipes for Mini Pumpkin Pies and Mini Party Pecan Pies that are sure to please your holiday guests… and you! ;)
MINI PUMPKIN PIES
recipe via Karo | (serves 18)
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
– 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
– 1 can (12 fluid ounces) evaporated milk
– 18 unbaked pastry tart shells made from Krusteaz Pie Crust Mix (or your own favorite pie crust recipe)
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Mix sugar, salt and spice in a bowl. Add eggs and beat slightly. Stir in corn syrup, pumpkin and evaporated milk; blend well.
3. Fill each pastry shell two-thirds full of pumpkin mixture.
4. Bake 25 minutes. Cool a minimum of 1 hour before serving. Garnish as desired.
TIP: To reduce calories, substit