I’m so excited to share this sweet wedding today! Dan is an old friend of mine, and his Traditional & Elegant Vintage Wedding is almost as breathtaking as his new bride, Beth. Bash! A Special Events Firm laced the day with perfect, while Akil Bennett Photography captured all the timeless tradition, romantic decor and heartwarming memories. (Read Beths details to below for the wonderful meaning behind all the sophisticated, organic decorations!)
WEDDING HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Sophisticated dessert table with vintage risers & fabric covered dessert trays
- Heart shaped escort cards, blush floral centerpieces & elegant table settings with monogrammed menus
- Beautiful lace inspired wedding cake & child portrait chair backs for the bride and groom
- Scottish Terrier shaped cookie favors, modeled after the newlywed’s dog!
WEDDING DETAILS, as told by Beth…
What I wanted most for my wedding was the bring the warmth and intimacy of my family home into this occasion marking Dan’s and my commitment to creating a new family and a new home. That meant that I wanted every detail to reflect a kind of vintage romantic aesthetic and to convey the sweetness of love, a plan aided by our coordinator, Traci Rushton. Our chuppah, or marriage canopy, serving as our symbolic first home, was sewn by my aunt from a vintage tablecloth. It will become a staple of each life-cycle event for our new family. Mark Miller of Stems Custom Floral, then incorporated it into a framework of dogwood trees to bring in a sense of the natural and organic. He continued that theme– of things found, lovingly collected, and curated– in our centerpieces, each unique and made up of small containers, antique vases, and objects he selected overflowing with blush-colored roses.
Our Scottish terrier, Tillie, was also an important part of our wedding and decor. Dan and I were talking about getting engaged, but it wasn’t until I brought home this adorable, energetic, affectionate puppy that we realized how much of a family we had become. He proposed exactly one month after she started bounding around our home, and, although she couldn’t be trusted to attend the wedding, we made sure she was part of it. She was featured on our save-the-date, a paper cut-out by Julene Harrison, in Scottie silhouettes directing guests to their seats, as a little terrier peeking out from our cake, and in blush and silver cookies guests took home to continue the celebration.
A vintage silver locket pattern with our initials was another motif: first featured in our invitations, it reappeared on programs, napkins, and, most adorably, on necklaces worn by our three darling flower girls, whose happy faces reflected our own joy during and after a wonderful night!
- Wedding Photography: Akil Bennett Photography
- Ceremony Venue: Congregation Beth Israel
- Reception Venue: The Crystal Ballroom at the Rice Hotel
- Floral Design: Stems Custom Floral
- Event Planning + Design: Bash! A Special Events Firm
- Invitations: Atelier du Papier
- Catering: Sambuca Catering
- Bride’s Shoes: Alice + Olivia
- Wedding Dress: Claire Pettibone
- Makeup: Jennifer Aronson Makeup