With bright colors & lots of style, mommy Erin Wakeman, created this super FUN & Colorful Backyard First Birthday for her sweet little Zoey! Balloons and charming bunting transformed the yard, guests enjoyed a lovely dinner buffet (+ a gourmet s’mores bar!) and how could I not mention Zoey’s adorable handmade party dress from Vivi’s Jewels!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Coral High Chair + Smash Cake with Colorful Balloon Topper
- Red Gingham Fry Cones, Pretty Berry Cups and Rainbow Bambo Utensils
- Gourmet S’mores Bar, Wheelbarrow Soda Station and Take Out Box Dinners
- Framed & Handwritten Chalkboard Party Sign
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Erin…
When the time comes for your first baby’s first birthday, you pull out all the stops! I wanted to give Zoey a birthday party that felt like a big celebration of her sweet and colorful personality while capturing the essence of a perfect end of the summer backyard BBQ.
We filled the trees with balloons, banners and pennant buntings creating a backdrop of bright and bold colors. Guests filled up take out boxes (boxes from Shop Sweet Lulu / liners from Pink Lemonade Party) with gourmet sliders, homestyle french fries in paper cones (fort&field), berry cups filled with local produce (Shop Sweet Lulu), and coleslaw in berry baskets (Shop Sweet Lulu). Local handmade barbecue sauce (Trilby’s) was offered in condiment cups and flavored water (strawberries, lemons, cucumbers and mint) filled mason jars with striped paper straws (A Charming Pretty Party). Glass bottles of soda and locally brewed beers were served on ice in a vintage wheelbarrow next to a rustic bottle opening stand (bottle opener from 2 Country Chics).
The birthday girl smashed a special anniversary cake topper from her baby shower made by her aunt Kate Reed. The guest enjoyed a s’more bar stocked with many varieties of chocolates and graham crackers, roasting marshmallows and sharing laughs around a fire late into the summer night.
Zoey’s birthday outfit was a work of love put together by three of my most favorite women. Both Zoey’s custom headband matching her dress and her Gatsby cake smash headband were created by Chelsea of Jameson Monroe. Her Gretel Jumper was custom designed and handmade by the incredibly talented Lauren of Vivi’s Jewels. And her moccasins were perfectly designed by the amazing Susan of Freshly Picked.
The party was a fantastic combination of friends and family enjoying and celebrating the first year of my sweet one year old’s life. Such a special day made all the more sweet by the many details offered from our amazing vendors and captured in gorgeous photo by Becca Rich of Lady & Gent Photography.
- Styling: Erin Wakemen of Lancaster Lane
- Photography: Becca Rich of Lady & Gent Photography.
- Take Out Boxes, Berry Cups & Berry Baskets: Shop Sweet Lulu
- Take Out Box Liners: Pink Lemonade Party
- French Fry Paper Cones: fort&field
- Barbecue Sauce: Trilby’s
- Striped Paper Straws: A Charming Pretty Party
- Bottle Opener: 2 Country Chics
- Gatsby Headband: Chelsea of Jameson Monroe
- Gretel Jumper: Lauren of Vivi’s Jewels
- Moccasins: Susan of Freshly Picked