The extremely talented Kenna O’Brien of Miss Party Mom knew exactly what kind of birthday celebration she wanted this year, so she did what any self-respecting party planner would do and took matters into her own hands! ;) This Modern & Glam Favorite Things Adult Birthday was filled with all of Kenna’s favorite things (and a lot of mine too!) — including glittered everything, sparkly crowns, and a selection of the most adorable, fashionista-inspired sweets. Bold black & white stripes pop up everywhere from the paper details to the guests and provide such a great contrast to all the pink. This entire setup is great inspiration for everything from milestone birthdays to bridal showers and bachelorettes!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- A beautiful pink ombre cake with rhinestone & glitter-bedecked ’33’ candle topper
- A nod to Vintage Barbie + darling bedazzled Fashion Forms
- Personalized wine glasses filled with shimmery Golden Gumballs
- Tower of sparkly cupcakes + “Pink Confetti” Popcorn (um… yes, please!)
- The most amazing black and white top hat fascinator with feather & rhinestone detailing for the birthday girl
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Kenna…
I decided to throw myself a party this year because that is exactly what I wanted for my birthday. I spend so much time on my kids/clients parties — I figured it was about time I have a little (as in big) party for myself!
I came up with the idea for a Favorite Things Party because as I started gathering ideas for decor I noticed it was indeed all of my favorite things! Fashion mannequins, crowns, lots of black and white stripes, hints of gold and all shades of pink… I thought a Favorite Things theme would be perfect — as in I’d show off all of mine!
Amber from Party On! helped me create a package that was PERFECT! I was really happy with how it pulled the entire look of the party together.
I invited about 25 girlfriends to come and celebrate the night with me. I asked them to dress in either pink, gold, black & white OR black and white stripes and everyone came through and looked amazing! We had a blast as we posed for photos with our awesome props by Dweedle Dee Designs, sipped (pink!) champagne in custom made wine glasses by Vinyl Eloquence, dined on amazing desserts by Hannah’s Cookies and Treats, including her own “Pink Confetti Popcorn” recipe and danced the night away to all my favorite jams!
I asked a few amazing vendors to collaborate on my party with me and I received some fantastic submissions that helped me take it to the next level.
It was a 33rd to remember and I’m so happy I did it.
- Event Styling: Miss Party Mom Event Planning
- Photography: Moments Captured Photography
- Party Printables, Gold Popcorn Boxes & Paper Straws : Party On! Designs
- Desserts: Hannah’s Cookies and Treats
- Custom Made Happy Birthday banner, Kenna banner, 33 in frame and “K” napkin weight: Table Top Treats
- My Fascinator, My Pom Pom Wand and Pom Pom Garland: Cupcake Wishes and Birthday Dreams
- Cotton Candy Favors: Soiree Event Design
- Custom Wine Glasses: Vinyl Eloquence
- Photo Booth Props: Dweedle Dee Designs
- Glittery Gold Crown Popcorn Toppers: Hues Studio