It’s that time of year to finalize your gift list! Are gourmet edible gifts on your list this holiday season? Well, they’re on mine (Jessica Wilcox of Modern Moments Designs). It’s been a while since I’ve guest posted here and I’ve missed you all so much! I’m excited to show you some fun and simple ways to add a ribbon and decorative tag to any edible gift with my Rustic Woodland Styled Shoot.
From gourmet popcorn and cupcakes to wonderfully unusual chocolate truffles and handmade artisan ice cream, your gift will look swanky and taste amazing too. By adding in other tasty treats, you could also spice up the traditional cookie exchange. Have everyone bring a different yummy dessert to share and you could leave with a bag full of delicious edible gifts.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Super simple cake dressed up with paper reindeer + Merry & Bright Banner
– Regular ol’ popcorn sprinkled all around as “snow”… inexpensive + totally melt-proof! ;)
– Wood slices and suitcase shaped boxes used as interesting treat “trays”
– Cheeky “Better than SNOW” ice cream wraps and “Hope this BLINGS you joy” gift tags
PARTY DETAILS as told by Jessica…
What do you get for the person who has everything? A sweater? A candle? No, you get them a gourmet edible gift. I’m so lucky to live in Portland, Oregon. We are famous for our craft beers, but we also have the most amazing culinary geniuses living among us.
We approached a few of our favorite food vendors and asked them to contribute some tasty treats. We were also lucky enough to have Pottery Barn donate several pieces from their new holiday line. They are a must have this holiday season.
Our concept was simple. Purchase a gourmet edible gift, wrap a ribbon around it, and put a beautiful tag on it. It’s that easy! All of our food vendors ship too, if you don’t live locally!
I’m in love with neutral colors, bold reds, and furry textures. You can’t go wrong with a little glitter either. Add in some gourmet food such as Peacock Lane Peppermint Popcorn and Apple Cranberry Stuffing Ice Cream and this shoot is a beautiful balance of food and festive fun.
– Party Styling: Jessica of Modern Moments Designs, Benj of Benj Curtis Designs, and Courtney Jade Photography
– Printables : Modern Moments Designs
– Photography: Courtney Jade Photography
– Gourmet Popcorn: Poplandia Popcorn
– Cupcakes: Kyra’s Bake Shop
– Pies and Snowflake Cookies: Portland Pie Company
– Chocolate Truffles: Batch PDX
– Cookie: Two Tarts Bakery
– Cake: Palace Cakes
– Ice cream: Salt & Straw
– Location: Barnwood Farms, West Linn, OR