Here in San Diego, we’re finally getting a little peek at Winter weather with rain and thunderstorms. This adorable Pink Penguin Winter Wonderland Baby Shower is the absolute perfect way to warm up, featuring a cozy Hot Cocoa Bar and some of the cutest little penguin cake pops you ever did see! Big props to Katie Farmer of The Pretty Party Shoppe, who did an fabulous job styling everything and designing all of the adorable printables!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Rosy cheeked penguin cupcake toppers + penguin cake pops topped with cute winter hats!
- Fun cocoa bar mix-ins like peppermint marshmallows, peppermint sticks, and hazelnut piroulines
- Glittery pink ruffle snowflake cookies + snowflake garland dessert table backdrop
- Homemade peppermint sugar scrub favors + ‘Wishing Tree’ for guests to write personal notes to baby
PARTY DETAILS as told by Katie…
This baby shower was thrown for a good friend of mine who I found out was having a baby girl. Since we were going to have the shower in December, I thought a Winter Wonderland was a must! I found out that she likes penguins, so I thought a girly pink penguin would be perfect. I designed the printables with snowflakes and a chevron print, because the mommy-to-be is a fan of chevron prints too. I made a simple table runner with chevron fabric I found at JoAnn Fabrics and layered it on top of a pink and a white tablecloth. I knew I wanted to have snowflakes “falling” in the background, so I cut out snowflakes and glittered them with the most amazing super fine and sparkly glitter I found at Michael’s! I glued each of the snowflakes to baker’s twine and hung them to the silver backdrop.
A Hot Cocoa Bar was a must, so I set out to find the the best hot cocoa recipe. My guests loved it! We topped our hot chocolate with pink peppermint mallows, french vanilla mallows, mini chocolate chips, and whipped cream. We also used peppermint sticks and hazelnut piroulines as stir sticks. It was delicious! It went perfectly with my almond snowball cookies and old-fashioned pink popcorn.
We made peppermint mocha and red velvet cupcakes topped with beautiful fondant work by Fancy Cakes, and others were adorned with glittered tulle snowballs by Fizzy Party. The cutest little pink penguin cake pops by Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins were also a big hit.
I wanted to do something special for my friend, so I created a “Wishes for Baby” Tree. I created a sign with examples of sayings to help each guest think of something they wanted to write for the baby, such as “I hope you love….” and “I hope you grow….” etc. Each guest got to write a note on a snowflake and placed it on the tree. The mommy-to-be got to take the special snowflakes home at the end as a keepsake for baby.
For shower games, we played The Celebrity Name Game, The Clothespin Game, and Find the Safety Pins in a Bowl of Rice game (does that one have an official name?) That turned out to be a fun game and was much harder than it looks. For the winner’s prizes, I made homemade Pink Peppermint Sugar Scrubs!
The guests each got to take home foaming soaps and hand sanitizers from Bath & Body Works. I picked out fun Winter scents like “Fresh Sparkling Snow” and “Winter Candy Apple” to go with the theme. I bagged them together with a cute custom penguin favor tag I designed. I worked with so many wonderful vendors who helped me pull it all together, and I could not have done it without them!
- Styling and Design: The Pretty Party Shoppe
- Printable Banner, Cupcake Toppers, Tags, Stickers, Table Tents: The Pretty Party Shoppe
- Penguin Cake Pops: Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins
- Fondant Cupcake Toppers: Fancy Cakes
- Tulle Snowball Cupcake Toppers: Fizzy Party
- Decorated Snowflake Sugar Cookies: Kima’s Konfections
- Peppermint Mallows: The Marshmallow Studio & Jet-Puffed
- Favor Bags, Tissue Poms, Twine, Paper Straws: The Pretty Party Shoppe
- Photography: Judith Maroudas Photography