This summer, we have seen so many flamingo parties. From crafty to retro, tropical to glam, there seems to have been a never-ending stream of that stylish, pink bird! But as summer comes to an end, I think we may have saved one of the best for last. ;)
Dozens of party mavens lent their talents create this Fruity Flamingo End of Summer Party styled by Marie of Sweets Indeed. Marie’s daughter, Avie, wanted her 10th birthday party to focus on celebrating her younger cousin, Lily, instead, who had recently begun her battle with leukemia. In my opinion, there couldn’t have been a better, BRIGHTER way to celebrate life… and hope!
To donate or acquire updates on Lily’s progress, you can go here.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Pineapple cake pops & pineapple candy skewers + fruit shaped macarons & fondant fruit topped cupcakes
- Bright Oh Joy! place settings + pineapple cups & flamingo straws under a tropical tiki hut
- Mini fruit piñatas & large fruit honeycomb pom clusters + plastic fruit decorated party hats
- Sorbet station with fruity sorbet push pops & color blocked ‘Sorbet’ letters + bright sunglasses decorating
- Tropical flower & flamingo topped birthday cake, lollipic party favors + a fruit & photo garland
PARTY DETAILS as told by Marie…
In June of this year, my 7 year old niece was diagnosed with leukemia. I was quickly reminded how precious life is and how things can change overnight. My family came together to support my sister and brother-in-law as they dropped everything to be by their daughter’s side. We formed a fundraising site in order to help relieve some of the financial stress and allow friends to join in the ranks in surrounding them with love and encouragement. The outpouring of support has been immeasurable and we will be forever grateful. To donate or acquire updates on Lily’s progress, you can go here.
My daughter’s 10th birthday approached shortly after Lily’s diagnosis and she so graciously decided that she wanted to “donate” her birthday to her cousin. The two had spent Avie’s birthday together for several years and this year, Lily would be unable to attend. We decided to throw a festive and fun “fruity flamingo” party in order to celebrate summer, hope and life.
We had a ton of fun planning the details and there were so many fantastic party people involved! I was inspired by the Oh Joy