For our very first Halloween post of the year, we are SUPER excited to showcase one of our own Hostess INK paper collections, “Monster Mash,” as expertly styled into this downright EYE-dorable Halloween Bash by Laura Aguirre of LAURA’S little PARTY!
Halloween is one of our favorite times of year at HWTM, and we are over the (full) moon to see our party designs used in such a fun, creative way! I especially love how Laura incorporated playful googly eyes all over the amazinsweets & treats — they’re always watching. ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Custom monster party crowns & iron-on ‘Monster Mash’ shirts for the kids
– Playful monster silhouettes + super cute (& perfectly coordinating!) monster sugar cookies
– Scrumptious looking candy apples with rhinestone sticks
– Spray painted & glittered mason jars + cool green & orange panted chandelier
– Chocolate eyeballs, white ghost cotton candy, & googly-eyed cake with patterns matching the paper decor
PARTY DETAILS as told by by Laura…
Halloween is quickly approaching, and we couldn’t think of a more fun way to celebrate than with a spooky-cool Monster Mash party! To get the party started, we used printables from the Hostess INK line. They were so vibrant, and lots of fun to work with! I really loved having the printables arrive in the mail, printed & ready to go.
I loved the mix of vibrant oranges and greens that the set provided. I love to mix patterns & shapes when styling my parties, and everything coordinated so well together! I found fun ways to incorporate the Monster silhouettes by embellishing some of the printables with black festooning and tulle. I added a mini circle topper & monster banner to our bowl of chocolate drizzled popcorn and added square tags & stars to ice cream cups and thank you tags on cute take home boxes. Napkin wraps also served as a fun way to embellish a small gable box that was perfect for little monsters to carry home. I took an image from the printable set and created iron on transfers. Each guest enjoyed wearing their own special t-shirt, and darling Halloween party crowns!
With the patterned paper, I created mini banners and attached them to the backs of plastic crates. When turned upside down, they make easy & inexpensive seats for your party guests. During the party, the little guests nibbled on cupcakes, macarons, cookies, chocolate drizzled popcorn, cotton candy, Oreo cups, and chocolate caramel apples. After their bellies were filled, they enjoyed a spooky story around the fireplace. An outdoor setting is always a fun place to have a party. I set out a fun striped teepee for the guests, and hung a painted chandelier from a tree. It helped add a touch of whimsy to the event.
– Party styling/photography: LAURA’S little PARTY
– Custom Party Paper: Hostess INK
– Monster party crowns: Shawna Brockmeier Styled Events
– Mini white gable boxes: Piggy Bank Parties
– Painted mason jars: Just Add Glitter by Marla
– Clear drinking cups/black festooning: The Tomkat Studio
– Cake: Oh for Cake’s Sake
– Cookies: She Wears the Crown
– Candy apples & Oreo cup: Bella’s Bakery & Bowtique
– Orange polka dot bags: Celebration Lane
– Paper straws: Sweets & Treats Boutique