If you haven’t gotten your springtime fix from the previous bridal shower post (we know we haven’t), then you’re in luck! As promised, here is the Lemon & Lavender Baby Shower dreamed up by Valerie Gimre of Charming Touch Parties, who simultaneously planned both showers around the same theme, but with their own unique details! In Valerie’s own words, “Both events were lovely, charming, and memorable in their own ways.” We couldn’t have said it better ourselves ;).
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Lemon adorned floral arrangements & a fondant bow, lavender flowers & lemon slice decorated cake
- Blackberry garnished champagne + berry topped mini cakes, lemon bars & cake ball baby rattles
- Custom ‘Wishes for Mom’ book for guests to write in + pinwheel & lemon onesie garlands
- Framed lavender baby carriage & ribbon bunting backdrop + carriage decorated cookie favors
PARTY DETAILS as told by Valerie…
So it must be known that I adore the color YELLOW for parties. I love how it can brighten any event. The bright hues add a sweet and charming touch and can be combined easily with other colors. So, when asked to style two completely different gender neutral showers recently, we chose to use a “Lemon & Lavender” theme for each event. This color combination is something pretty special. It is distinctive, charming and just easy on the eyes. We were able to take this one theme and create two events that were similar in feel, but special and unique in their own ways.
The baby shower we planned and styled was a much bigger event held at a charming local reception hall. A large framed baby carriage and sweet fabric fringe bunting provided a precious and charming backdrop. A stunning 3 tiered cake was the feature of our sweets table. Fresh lemons, beautiful flowers and an assortment of gorgeous mini desserts were incorporated to create a charming and plentiful dessert table.
To fill our large space, we utilized appliqued onesies and more fabric fringe bunting to drape from mini balconies. It added such a sweet and custom touch.
As guests entered, they were greeted by a circular cocktail table with glasses of champagne or lemonade. This encouraged mingling before lunch was served and added to our celebratory vibe. Guests were invited to open seating and at each guest’s table setting was a boxed baby carriage favor cookie.
We positioned a candy and wishing book area between the two tables reserved for gifts. Guests were encouraged to write their own personal wishes and words of advice for the Mom-to-be. We love this concept, as this book can thereafter be a treasured keepsake.
- Design and Styling: Charming Touch Parties
- Boutique Party Décor: Charming Touch Parties
- Graphic Design and Printables: Beth Kruse Custom Creations
- Photography: Jennifer Kaye Photography
- Fabric Garlands: Lillypaul Designs
- Decorated Cookies: NatSweets
- Petite Sweets: Cocoa Bean Geneva
- Cake Pops: Bake Make Take
- Florals: Eva’s Floral Wonders
- Appliqued onesies: Vintage Bebe Props
- Baby Wishes book: Shawna Brockmeier Styled Events
- Baby Shower Cake: Piece of Cake – Custom Cakes by Mark