Choo, Choo! Next stop: GIRLIE & GLAM! Krista O’Bryne of Hoopla Events loaded up on some seriously sweet cargo to put together this playful & glamorous Girlie Train Birthday Party for her daughter, Kamryn. From shiny pink engineer caps and “chugga chugga” water to a pink fondant train and “Baggage Claim” favor station, there is A LOT to see here… so get your tickets ready and enjoy all the fun pictures, which were beautifully captured by Lauren Oliver Photography!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- “The Kamryn Express” cotton candy + incredibly detailed custom train cookies
- Pink birthday girl tutu + matching custom tee & chunky beaded necklace
- Giant pink train photo backdrop + mustache, railroad crossing, & conductor hat props
- Clever pink polka dot “Box Car” lunches, served in the “Dining Car”
- “Thank Choo” favor gable boxes + pink striped engineer hats & navy bandanas
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Krista…
All aboard! I’m so excited to share this girl’s train themed birthday party I designed for my sweet daughter, Kamryn’s 3rd birthday. I just know you will adore the printable invitation and coordinating party décor, beautifully designed by Maureen of Anders Ruff Custom Designs. I had the privilege of having Jen from Banner Events as my assistant for this event. Working together was an absolute delight. It was fun to tackle a traditionally boy theme, creatively transforming it into something girlie and glam! Just wait until you see the glittery decorations, perfectly pink invitations and unbelievable cake and cupcakes, complete with train accents and adorable details. Hop aboard as we share sweet images beautifully captured by Lauren Oliver Photography.
Some “on track” details to look for:
- Engineer hats and bandanas used as both favors and decorations
- A beautiful Platform 3 “Sweets Station” dessert table
- A striking cake with 3-D fondant train details
- Clever “box car” lunches served in the “dining car”
- Pretty custom outfit for the birthday girl, including an appliqued train shirt & chunky bubblegum necklace
- Pink paper suitcases filled with custom treats like cotton candy
The inspiration for this girl train themed party came directly from the birthday girl herself. After my daughter, Kamryn, attended a Thomas the Train Party for her little buddy last year she has wanted a train party for her 3rd birthday. After a little reluctance at first, I agreed to make my daughter’s train party dreams come true, but with a girly spin on the train theme by incorporating shades of pink mixed with white, gray and silver. Everything from the décor to the custom outfit Kamryn wore have that cute girly look. We just love the custom train shirt from GreatStitch and matching necklace from W(e)il’d Hair & Accessories.
A darling “dining car” eating area was established for guests to enjoy as they ate and chatted. The tabletop was dressed up in adorable striped party paper from Smashcake & Co. Place settings included layered silver and pink plates paired with silver napkins, utensils and cups from Oriental Trading. We used plastic square French milk bottles from my Etsy shop which were embellished with printable beverage wraps from the Anders Ruff collection, striped straws (also from the shop) and sweet custom straw flags. Atop each place setting sat a perfectly packaged “box car” lunch. Gable boxes were decked out in satin ribbon, pink and white polka dotted party paper ribbon (SmashCake & Co.) and the cutest coordinating train label. Not only did this add some festiveness, but it made serving lunch to a large crowd of young children much more manageable.
Each dining table was accented with centerpieces constructed from Blumeboxes (Blumebox), paper shred, party paper ribbon (Smashcake & Co.) and printable centerpiece designs affixed to wooden skewers. In addition, smaller cube shaped Blumeboxes housed sweet custom lollipops from Lollipics. I just love my sweet daughter’s photos on them! These were propped up on pink glittered frames for height. Trains from Oriental Trading Co. were spray painted pink and silver to match with the décor. Each chair was adorned with an engineer hat from PartyCheap.com and a gray bandana. (The hats and bandanas also functioned as take home party favors!)
In addition to their “box car” lunches, which had sub sandwiches and other munchies, guests were invited to dine on salads and fruit displayed in cute striped treat cups from our shop, veggies in fry containers (Oriental Trading) and rehydrate with “chugga chugga” water. I just love the cute custom labels which transformed ordinary water bottles into a fun theme coordinating beverage! The food tables were outfitted with clever train track inspired garland from Tutus & Bowties Events. I incorporated beautiful framed photos of Kamryn into the tabletop décor.
A gorgeous sweets station was also set up for little engineers to enjoy. Nothing gets little engines going quite like some yummy treats. My husband and I created a striking backdrop using this Banner Events ‘ PVC dessert table backdrop tutorial. A 6 ft. wide custom sign was designed by Anders Ruff and printed by Print My Picture Online. Doesn’t it make an impressive background for the dessert table? A gorgeous pink ruffle table cloth by Cupcake With Character added that feminine flair and was made even more glam with the tissue tassel garland from Fancy & Fold. A printable “All Aboard” banner welcomed guests to feast! Inspired by a railroad crossing sign in a party by Wants and Wishes Design, I commissioned Ten23 Designs to create a custom laser cut wood “Kamryn Crossing” railroad sign to accent the dessert table. It made such a wonderful addition to the table, effectively tying it into the party theme.
Apothecary jars were filled with shimmer gumballs (Oriental Trading) and made for a lovely display. Platters were lined with mini silver popcorn boxes housing popcorn–Kamryn’s pick! Each was adorned with custom party logos. A pretty serving dish showcased stunning & delectable cookies by The Sugar Canvas Boutique Bakery, made even more lovely displayed on a bed of Sixlets. The detail work is absolutely amazing! And what would a train party dessert table be without a train themed cake and cupcakes? Cakeitecture Bakery baked up a simple white fondant cake accented with black fondant train tracks. Added to this were phenomenal fondant train cars made by Edible Details to coordinate with the party décor.
Keeping the party “on track” and little engineers focused can be hard. To tackle this challenge we planned a number of fun party activities. Anders Ruff was happy to design coordinating placemat style activity sheets, crayon wraps and puzzles. These tabletop activities were set up at an activity station, embellished with sparkly confetti-style trains by Tutus & Bowties Events. A separate photo booth was set up in front of an oversized train backdrop, designed by Anders Ruff Custom Designs and printed by Print My Picture Online. Guests loved using the creative photo booth props that Little Retreats made to coordinate with the theme. Following all of the fun, party goers got to let off some steam in the bounce house and board a real trackless train and enjoy the ride!
Before departing for home, we invited guests to visit our “Baggage Claim” area to collect their party favors. O’Byrne Station (a repurposed lemonade stand) was filled with fun favors & sweet treats for guests to choose from. Some highlights included train whistles (Oriental Trading), custom packaged cotton candy by Soiree Event Design, delicious candy “bobs” designed by Sweets From Heaven, Outlets At Orange and more candy and popcorn. Darling “Thank choo” tags (Anders Ruff) were added to favor boxes for guests to fill with their goodies.
Kamryn loved celebrating her 3rd birthday with sweet friends and family, making this girl train birthday party a big success!
- Concept & Styling: Hoopla Events
- Styling Assistance: Banner Events
- French Milk Bottles, Striped Paper Straws, Pink/White Striped Plates: Hoopla Events Etsy Shop
- Photography: Lauren Oliver Photography
- Printable Invitations & Décor: Anders Ruff Custom Designs
- Printing of Large Format Backdrop Items: Print My Picture Online
- Custom Laser Cut Wood “Kamryn” Railroad Crossing Sign: Ten23 Designs
- Wind-up Trains, Train Whistles, Napkins, Paper Plates, Cups, Candy, Cutlery, Popcorn Boxes, Treat Boxes, Fry Containers: Oriental Trading
- Ruffled Tablecloth: Cupcake With Character
- Photo Booth Props: Little Retreats
- Chunky Bubblegum Necklace: W(e)il’d Hair & Accessories
- Custom Train Shirt: GreatStitch
- Custom Train Track Garland & Shimmer Trains: Tutus & Bowties Events
- Tissue Paper Tassel Garlands: Fancy & Fold
- Personalized Clipboard: Sweet Madys
- Pink Engineer Hats: PartyCheap.com
- Pink and White Striped Paper, Pink Polka Dot Paper Ribbon: Smashcake & Co
- Custom Lollipops: Lollipics
- Custom 3-D Train Topper & Train & “3” Cupcake Toppers: Edible Details
- White fondant cake with train tracks: Cakeitecture Bakery
- Pink & White Personalized Cotton Candy: Soiree Event Design
- Train Themed Candy Kabobs: Sweets From Heaven, Outlets At Orange
- Custom Sugar Cookies: The Sugar Canvas Boutique Bakery