In honor of Milla’s 1st birthday and the upcoming arrival her new baby sibling, Lucca, Laila Plant of One Inspired Party helped Milla’s mommy & Daddy throw a fun, lively and all around AMAZING celebration that was bursting with happy colors at every turn. We’ve shared lots of incredible hot air balloon themes here across the years, but this vibrant and oh-so-detailed Hot Air Balloon Festival definitely kicks things up, up, and UP a notch!
From creative cart-style dessert tables and a “Kids Sky Lounge” area to plush cloud party favors,(truly gigantic!) wooden letters, playful carnival games and more, take a closer look at all the fun details below in the sweet pictures captured by Tutti Bambini Photography.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Umbrella-topped candy carts + colorful blankets and pillows for lounging on the grass
- Jumbo “MILLA” lawn letters & incredible life size hot air balloon prop by Bambini Soiree
- Carnival rides, fun games like “Krazy Kans”, plush doll prizes & juggling clowns!
- Kids Sky Lounge area with chevron chair covers & flower filled picnic basket centerpieces
- Clever double-sided dessert station with a hedge wall back drop/overhang + blue sky “ceiling”
- Lemonade stand, ice cream sundae bar, and pails of colorful meringues
- Fondant-topped hot air balloon crispy treats + a rainbow of chocolate dipped pretzels
PARTY DETAILS as told by Laila…
When Laura initially contacted me for a Hot Air Balloon Festival party I was thrilled! I always had wanted to do a festival and her theme I was simply smitten with!
We started looking for locations and Thalatta Estate seemed to be the most appropriate one! We booked the venue and had our initial meeting at a bench there. Laura came to me with a fully organized presentation of items she liked and wanted to see at the party. She wanted a matted color palette of corals and mints, but I wanted to go colorful and fun. I convinced her to change her palette and the planning began.
Milla is soon going to be a big sister, so Laura and Aleksandar wanted Lucca to have a special section at the party as well. We started with the invitations. It took us a couple of tries to get the concept right and the 3D hot air balloon inside the box was born. We picked bright glittery patterned paper for the panels and the color scheme was set.
I enlisted the help of the super talented Johanna from Bambini Soiree to build all the decor for the place. I knew I wanted a giant hot air balloon, super oversized colorful letters with Milla’s name and a kids area. The biggest challenge was doing a double sided dessert station that would be covered somehow from Miami’s blazing hot sun! She outdid herself and all my expectations and could not be more thankful for every single piece she brought to life for this celebration!
Donut Divas took care of our food and did a phenomenal job with the gorgeous stations. All the sweets for the table were simply stunning, each and every baker that brought something in is beyond talented and I am grateful to have found them and work with them.
I am so proud of the way this celebration came together. There’s so many incredible details that it is super hard to just pick one. Happy 1st Birthday Milla!
- Event Design, Planning, Styling and Paper Goods: One Inspired Party
- Props: Bambini Soiree
- Photography: Tutti Bambini Photography
- Cakes: Sweet Brantley’s Cakes
- Marshmallows, Cake Pops, Oreos, Pretzels, Rice Krispie Treats: “O” Pops By Angie
- Fun Foods: Donut Divas
- Cookies: youcancallmesweetie
- Meringues: My Sweet Merengues
- Linens: Atlas Party Rental
- Brigadeiros: Sugar Loaf Brigaderia
- Entertainment: Top1Entertainment
- Blankets: OohBabyInfinity