A sprinkle of glitter, a splash of sweetness, and a dash of sophistication brought together exactly what mommy, Elizabeth Kao, was hoping for: a first birthday party fit for her little prince AND princess! With the help of June Park of Cana’s Miracle, Dylan & Mila’s first birthday came to life with this totally dreamy & sophisticated Royal Birthday Theme. Dazzling party guests with whimsical details like a lace crown smash cake topper, metallic crown cake pops, a magnificent trio of cakes, and stunning florals throughout, this is definitely one swoon-worthy celebration. So… hold on to your pastel pony cupcake topper and enjoy all the sweet *rhinestone embellished* inspiration to come!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Shimmery blue & pink linens, gold horses at each place setting & rhinestone table numbers
- Fondant pastel horses atop cupcakes + magical silhouette script “Dylan & Mila are One” cake topper
- Jumbo white balloons with gold mylar tassels and fancied-up high chairs with bunting banners
- Fabulous pink & blue macaron tower with statement fondant flowers
- Custom silhouette party logo and feather-adorned place cards on gold sequin linens
PARTY DETAILS as told by Elizabeth…
I began thinking about my twins’ 1st birthday party from the time they were 3 months old. I just couldn’t figure out how to make a fun and beautiful party that would work for both a boy AND a girl (the story of my life these days). So we sought the help of June Park of Cana’s Miracles because we wanted a beautiful celebration fit for a prince AND a princess.
We celebrated with 80+ of our closest friends and family at Waterside in North Bergen, NJ. We chose the location because it has sweeping views of the NYC skyline, which I doubt anyone even noticed because they were so blown away by the beautiful details. We chose turquoise and fuchsia for the colors and had custom silhouettes drawn based on the twins’ profiles. The silhouette design was incorporated in all aspects of the design.
I also wanted to incorporate horses into the theme as part of our Chinese culture, since the twins were born in the year of the horse, as was myself. I was especially pleased with the cute horse cake toppers as well as the gold horses placed at each seat. After a long and difficult winter, we were excited to bring in budding branches and spring colors in the floral design.
For the kids (…and a few adults), the balloon artist made amazing creations on demand, then followed up with a hilarious magic show. We also had a photo booth with the silhouette design as the backdrop. At the end of the party, we had a cake smash for Dylan and Mila to taste their first cakes. We couldn’t have been happier with the outcome and can’t wait to show these memories to Mila & Dylan as they grow up!
- Floral Design: June Park
- Event Planning: June Park of Cana’s Miracle
- Photography: Mia Jang
- Videography: Frank Ahn Films
- Photo booth: CLY by Matthew
- Cake: Cakes by Christine
- Mila’s Dress: IsabellaCoutureShop
- Balloon Artist & Magic: Party Magic
- Gold Crowns: Melissa of Little Love Lane
- Cake Smash Outfits: Amanda Nelson of The Thread Studio
- Cake Toppper: Sachiko Windbiel