If you love gallery walls like Jesi Celeita of Dolce Designs, then you’re going to adore the clean & pretty dessert buffet she designed for her daughter’s Modern Pink and Gold Birthday Party! Personally, I think it’s so cute it could stay on the wall permanently! She also included stunningly packaged macaron favors, playful gold foil silhouette decorations, and a fabulous gold sequin photo booth backdrop for Bella and her BFFs! Enjoy all the stylish, girly details in all the photos from FJCPhotography below!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Gold foil bow “Yay” and “Happy Birthday Bella” cupcake/cake topper silhouettes from Perfect Lemonade
- Pretty pink macaron favor boxes with confetti tags + pink, gold & grey tissue tassel garland
- Gold and white striped placemats (aka tab folders from Hobby Lobby!)
- Glittery “Happy Birthday” banner, gold scalloped cupcake wrappers and gold sequin photo booth backdrop
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jesi…
I love gallery walls, so for this party I was inspired to create a gallery wall that was all about the birthday girl! I picked my favorite photo ever of my daughter (no crazy faces, silly poses, fighting with siblings…which is pretty much every photo) and ordered it in the new metal print by Tinyprints, which turned out amazing. It now forms part of my living room gallery wall and I love it! I wanted to keep all aspects of the party fresh and modern, and something that any mom can re-create at home for their kids’ birthday parties with items you already own. The color palette of gold, gray, and light pink and “polka dot” aspects were inspired by the beautiful invitation.
I used my big dark gray dresser as my dessert buffet and placed my wall decorations as the backdrop. We had decorated cookies, cakepops, macarons, chocolates, cupcakes, and of course, cake!
Smooth Buttercream cakes are super popular right now, so I made a buttercream cake topped with sparkling mini pink chocolate bars, macarons, and every sprinkle I could find in my “sprinkles drawer”. The topper I ordered from etsy (Perfect Lemonade) and the ribbon at the bottom as well as the adorable gold bows I glued on craft sticks (cupcake toppers) can be found at Hobby Lobby.
The table I kept simple yet stylish. The gold and white striped placemats are actually tab folders I found at Hobby Lobby! I simply cut out the little tabs and voila! To give these tweens a grown up table setting I used gold charters under their paper plates as well as
“fancy” plastic gold utensils. And to complete the look…glass milk bottles with cute striped straws, a cakepop, and tiny heart plate with mini chocolates.The floral arrangements I made myself with florals from my grocery store.
The personalized wrapping paper is super cute and it really helps busy moms like myself. I always forget to buy a card and have to cut out a piece of the same wrapping paper for a makeshift “card” and write my kid’s name on it. Which of course embarrasses my kids. ha! I used the personalized gift tag stickers on the favor boxes which also saved me time and looked great with some ribbon and bow.
I hope you enjoyed my modern pink and gold birthday party and found inspiring elements to create your own!
- Style, concept and baked goods: Dolce Designs
- Photography: FJC Photography
- Invitation, Metal photo prints, wrapping paper, pillows, and gift tags: Tiny Prints
- Wool ball garland: The Blushing Fig
- Gold cake and cupcake toppers: Perfect Lemonade
- Happy Birthday sign: Glam Fete
- Gold “Hello” sign: Oh Dier
- Polka dot paper plates, gold utensils, mini wooden spoons, tissue garlands, macaron boxes: Shop Sweet Lulu’s
- Giant 9 balloon, “Party” balloons, straws, giant balloons: Celebration Lane
- Gold charters, striped “placemats”, gold bows: Hobby Lobby
- Gold cupcake wrappers, mini gold plates: Maison du Bonbon