Having kids with birthdays close together can be a tricky situation to navigate. Luckily, these adorable sisters don’t mind sharing one BIG, special day & their mom, LeLe Chan of LeLe Chan Designs, knows exactly how to pull everything together! This year, her girls requested a Royal Princess High Tea Garden Party, full of blushing bouquets, gorgeous watercolor stationery & tea party sweets fit for a Queen. One of my favorite details are the Disney Princess quotes at every place setting, which give the table a young, sweet feel while keeping with the overall elegant theme.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Floral decorated crystal chandeliers hanging from trees + tables under a white canopy tent with ivy
- Tea sandwiches, mini raspberry tarts & chocolate eclairs + chocolate dipped Rice Krispie hearts
- Stunning gold leaf & floral painted cake + simpler individual cakes for each birthday girl
- Hand painted flower & tea cup cookies, pink rock candy & gorgeous flower crowns
- Princess Sparkles makeovers & candy buffet table for the kids+ ‘sani-tea’ hard iced tea for the parents
PARTY DETAILS, as told by LeLe…
My daughters, Kiana and Kaya requested a High Tea Princess party for their birthdays this year, and I couldn’t help but indulge them! Their birthdays are three years and 3 days apart (Kiana turned 9 on June 5th and Kaya turned 6 on June 8th), so every year they get one combined — albeit extravagant — birthday celebration. This year was no exception.
Having worked as a Wedding & Event Planner for eight years, I was fortunate enough to have some amazing vendors jump on board to help me make my little princesses’ dreams come true! After months of planning and preparing, it was wonderful to see everything come together so beautifully!
The Flower Factory provided us with beautiful florals for my chandeliers, and helped us hang them in our tree. Taffete Designs provided the pipe & drape so that I could create a royal canopy over the tables. Anna Elizabeth Cakes perfectly created the most beautiful hand-painted watercolour floral cake with a gilded top tier — it was as delicious as it was stunning. The Cake & The Giraffe made the perfect little Lemon Raspberry Tarts and Pink Dipped Rice Krispie Hearts, and my dear friend Joanna helped me make all of the little tea sandwiches and mini prosciutto & brie croissants. Jasmine Hoffman, a dear friend and local makeup artist, offered to be our Princess Jasmine Sparkles for the day, and was a huge hit to all the little girls! She came looking like a real princess and added some sparkle and glitter to the little girls faces. My daughters fell in love with her instantly.
I custom-designed all of the event stationery at my youngest daughter’s request for watercolour floral details and a scroll invitation. One of my favourite details were the child-sized chivari chairs — which were available for the first time in Vancouver! I literally had them as soon as they were “off the boat,” thanks to Chic Fête, a new petite seat rental company in Vancouver. They went perfectly with the regular sized chivari chairs at the Big Kids table.
And of course, last but not least, Nomo Akisawa captured the whole event ever so beautifully.
It truly was so rewarding to see all the children in their royal attire, and the “Sani-Tea” (gin+lemonade) I provided for all the parents ensured they had an enjoyable time as well. ;) But the best reward, were the smiles on my daughters faces!
- Event Design, Production & Custom Stationery: LeLe Chan Designs
- Photography: Simply Sweet Photography
- Florals: The Flower Factory
- Draping Rentals: Taffete Designs
- Flatware, White Chivari Chairs, Napkins: A&B Party Rentals
- Child Size Chivari Chairs: Chic Fete
- Floral/Gold Cake, Cookies, Monogram Cupcake Toppers: Anna Elizabeth Cakes
- Berry Tarts, Rice Krispie Hearts: The Cake and the Giraffe
- Pink Petal Table Linen Rental: Art of the Party
- Tiered Servers and Tea Pots Rentals: Vancouver Tea Party
- Photobooth: L’nielle Joy
- Candy: Charlie’s Chocolate Factory
- Macarons: Faubourg
- Finger Sandwiches & beverages: Homemade
- Raspberry Limeade Tea Blend: Teavana
- Children’s Makeup: Jasmine Hoffman
- Teacups, China, Chandeliers, Candelabra & all other decor: LeLe Chan’s personal collection