Once upon a time, just shy of a year ago, there was a sparkly, magical baby shower in San Clemente, CA for more than 70 expectant military moms…
I had the honor of designing the party theme and paper collection for this Operation Shower “Fairytale Forest” event, but it took a village of generous and talented vendors, sponsors, & volunteers to bring it to life!
For some reason I seem to have the hardest time getting around to posting about the personal projects I especially love, because I dream about finding a giant chunk of time to sit down and explain the story in perfect detail and get everything “just right”.
Well… I’ve finally accepted that there’s always, always, always something else ready to fill that elusive chunk of time – and usually little ones yelling in the background even when I do find it! – so I’m going to finally share this near-and-dear project with you guys today in the way I love best anyways… PICTURES! And lots of ’em. ;) These images were beautifully captured by Maria Healey Photography, and here are a few of my favorite creative details to keep an eye out for while you browse them:
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Boatloads of giant crepe paper flowers handmade by Tania Fischer
– Mom & Baby Deer “Forest” Centerpiece with wooden deer cut-outs by Ten23 Designs
– Manzanita “Tree” Centerpiece with paper leaves, moss balls, pink blooms, & itty-bitty gold pacifiers
– DIY butterfly chandeliers hanging overhead + giant wood deer & bear cutouts from Happen
– Stunning floral arrangements by Heavenly Blooms + chairs decorated with faux petals & paper flowers
– Sparkly sequin linens from La Tavola + glittery green frames for themed 4×6 signs
*Special shout-out to event emcee Holly Robinson Peete!* She was so warm, gracious, funny, and genuinely engaged…. I don’t think there could’ve been a better fit for a host!