- Pace, FL
- Party Albums:
Rustic Chic Winnie the Pooh First Birthday Party (22 photos)
Party host, Kirsten Myers, threw her son a Classic Winnie the Pooh/teddy bear 1st birthday party and asked Tali of A Party Studio to design the tags for the party favors. Kristen did an amazing job throwing this chic rustic Winnie the Pooh birthday party that features tons of sweet homemade touches such as:
• Bear bread buns served with whipped honey butter
• Peanut butter bees (recipe can be found here: (http://mysillylittlelife.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/peanut-butter-bees/)
• Starbucks Frappuccino bottles were used (with labels removed) for milk bottles with stylish striped blue and white paper straws. They were personalized with the children’s names using a chalkboard marker and vinyl chalkboard labels (found here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/122106979/12-small-vinyl-chalkboard-labels-2-x-15?utm_campaign=Share&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_source=Pinterest)
• "Beary Water" in a glass water canister (Party tip: filling the bottom of a water canister with glass beads for vases to just below the spout level will prevent seeds and fruit sediment from blocking the spout and slowing water flow! I learned this the hard way!)
• Teddy bear cake topper (customized here... http://www.etsy.com/listing/79365177/fondant-teddy-bear-cake-topper-beautiful?ref=shop_home_active) placed on a 6" carrot cake simply decorated with cream cheese frosting and edged with sliced almonds (top level of a cupcake tower) and homemade "bear paw" cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and chocolate ganache "bear paws" on the remaining cupcake tower levels
• Bumblebee cupcake toppers on cupcakes and "landing" on food interspersed on the food table (purchased here... http://www.etsy.com/shop/thebakersconfections)
• "Fairy Tale Mushroom" snack jars filled with additional treats (jelly beans, goldfish, and candied nuts) and a large honey jar filled with "Teddy Grahams"
• Chocolate acorns make a sweet rustic outdoor treat, http://pinterest.com/pin/335940453424498976/
• Moss covered branches, rustic mini chalkboards on vintage easels to label food, a classic picnic basket, and touches of red gingham and blue gingham round out the rustic outdoor theme
• A mix of large and small teddy bear PB&J sandwiches and peanut butter bees served on wooden slices to add a rustic touch (chicken salad sandwiches also provided)
• Personalized banners by A Party with Paper http://www.etsy.com/shop/APartyWithPaper (bumblebee Charlie 1 banner) and a reusable vinyl “Happy Birthday Charlie!” banner by family friend John Bahlke, owner of SmartSignsPlus in Sacramento.
• Party favors were a simple heart shaped cookie, which she placed in clear bags. She then used bakers twine to attached a personalized oversized hang tag and a Winnie the Pooh quote inside customized by Tali of A Party Studio.
• If you throw a party based on a book, it is very cute to incorporate a quote from the book such as Kirsten did with her favors. She chose the quote: “We’ll be friends until forever, just you wait and see” –A.A. Milne
Inspiration for the rustic teddy bear/Winnie the Pooh theme for Charlie’s 1st Birthday came from his nickname, “Charlie Bear”. I joined Pinterest right before the party which started a new found party planning mania! ? Ideas were collected mainly through Pinterest and Etsy. We selected a local play gym, My Gym, in Palo Alto, CA for the venue which was perfect for the age range of under 1 to 4 years old (including friends of older brother, Will) and after setting up the party, my job was done! The staff did a wonderful job keeping the kids busy with organized activities, games, and free play. The kids had a blast (and parents were thankful they burned off all that sugar!)