- Augusta, Georgia
- Party Albums:
A "Royal Celebration" 30th Birthday Dinner Party (36 photos)
A “Royal Celebration” 30th birthday party
- The guest of honor wanted a royal theme for her 30th birthday and with her favorite color being purple, we decided to use black and gold as accent colors to create a regal feel.
- Invitations set the tone for the party by incorporating the purple, yellow gold, and black color scheme as well as adding a crown accent.
- A framed welcome sign greeted guests as they arrived.
- A sign which read “Eat, drink and be merry” welcomed guests to the drink station which included purple punch, water, beer, wine, and cocktails.
- Gold cups were placed alongside the purple punch for guests.
- Gold glitter flags were added to purple striped paper straws to dress plastic pearl wine glasses.
- Black metal buckets were used as coolers for the beer and wine.
- Tables were covered with white linen tablecloths and black pintuck table runners and chairs were dressed with white chair covers and black chair sashes.
- Serving as centerpieces on the guest tables, mirror chargers were topped with gold paper doilies underneath a gold candle, gold crown-shaped confetti, and square vases containing purple hydrangeas.
- At each place setting, gold chargers were topped with black gold-rimmed plates and purple satin napkins.
- Square vases placed on the food table held gold plasticware and a gold cake stand held purple paper napkins for guests to grab.
- Various paper products were customized to coordinate with the party’s invitations such as the “The Royal Feast” sign and the food tent cards placed at each item on the food table.
- On the candy table sat a framed sign that read “Long Live the Sweets”.
- Behind the candy table hung a gold backdrop that included a “Happy Birthday Terri” banner.
- Mini black gift bags which included a tag reading “Thank you for coming to my royal celebration” were placed on the candy table for guests to fill.
- Food: “The Royal Feast” included scalloped potatoes, corn casserole, green beans, yellow rice, rolls, fried fish, baked chicken, and barbeque chicken. Prior to dinner, appetizers such as a cheese, turkey and olive tray, a fruit tray, marshmallows, pretzels and a purple chocolate fondue were set out for guests to help themselves to.
- Drinks: Drinks included a tasty purple punch as the non-alcoholic choice, as well as alcoholic options such as beer, wine, and vodka cocktails, just to name a few.
A color coordinating “Long Live the Sweets” candy table was set up for guests to fill up the “Thank you” bags before they left. Sweets included grape flavored popcorn, purple, gold, and black gumballs, mini Hershey’s Golden Nugget bars, purple wrapped dark chocolate Hershey’s kisses, purple, gold, and black M&M’s, black cherry rock candy lollipops, purple wrapped dark chocolate Lindt Lindor truffles, and gold wrapped white chocolate Lindt Lindor truffles. Guests also helped themselves to mini cupcakes with purple icing and gold and black candy beads.
The cake was an amazingly delicious butter cake shaped like a gold crown trimmed in purple on top of a purple pillow.