- Bainbridge Island, WA
- Party Albums:
Kawaii 2nd Birthday (15 photos)
My friend approached me and asked that I style her daughter, Lizzy's, second birthday party. She is a quarter Japanese so I immediately wanted the party to have subtle Japanese features. The party was centered around a Japanese Bento lunchbox character; a pink rabbit holding a strawberry. I looked for colors that were similar for a simplified color palette and then used different shades of these colors for a highlighted effect.
Things to look out for:
* Japanese washi tape was used throughout the party to decorate chopsticks, the letter "L" on the dessert table and the cupcake liners.
* The kids table was intentionally constructed low enough to sit without chairs, which is a traditional Japanese custom.
* Mini to go containers were decorated for any sushi leftovers.
* The kiddos received a rabbit bag filled with the following party favors: japanese bento lunchbox, utensils case (fork, spoon and chopsticks) and pocky.
* The dessert table featured macaron rabbits on sticks, pear lollipops, strawberry cookies, cupcakes with fondant toppers, mini creme soda donuts, peach taffy, mint candies, pink marshmallows, and a pastel cake.
* The kids enjoyed hiding behind the photo backdrop and 36" balloon was the center of the party. All the kiddos were amazed at the size of the balloon and the decorated balloon string.
Party Styling: Lunchbox
Rabbit garland: Ruby Redcrafts http://www.etsy.com/shop/RubyRedcrafts
Macaron Rabbits: LaPetiteSucré http://www.etsy.com/shop/LaPetiteSucre
Strawberry Cookies: Cake it to the Limit www.zibbet.com/cakeittothelimit
Rabbit Bags, Washi tape, rabbit stickers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/cinderella201021
Mini Donuts:Green Mountain Mini Bake http://www.etsy.com/shop/GreenMntMiniBaked
Mint Lollipops: Sweet Caroline Confections http://www.etsy.com/shop/SweetCarolineConfect
Felt garland: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CoutureByAyca