- San Diego, CA
- Party Albums:
Spellbound Sweets (32 photos)
This is a modern take on a Halloween dessert table featuring a traditional orange & black palette, lots of stripes, and witch and spider-inspired details for a "Spellbound" twist. I designed a set of custom printable for the table. You can download the entire collection for FREE right here: http://www.hostessblog.com/2011/10/halloween-printables-spellbound-sweets/
– DIY dessert servers/pedestals were made from glass cylinder vases with striped Halloween tights stretched over them.
– Homemade Caramel apples featuring twigs as the "handles".
– "Witch's Brew" drinks served in mason jars rimmed with corn syrup + orange sugar. The drinks were embellished with "Broomstick" drink stirrers made from bamboo skewers, raffia, and thin orange ribbon.
– "Smashed Pumpkin" and "Poisonous" parfaits were served in mini parfait glasses purchased in a set of 12 glasses/spoons from Pier 1. These are super easy! For the full recipe/DIY, visit this post on the HWTM blog: http://www.hostessblog.com/2011/10/smashed-pumpkin-poisonous-parfaits/
– The DIY "Indulge If You Dare" centerpiece was made from a wood box lined with styrofoam with a plastic skeleton arm sticking out of the middle. The skeleton arm is actually half of a Halloween $5 Salad Server Set from Target! The styrofoam is covered with Fun Size Milky Way® Brand Simply Caramel bars and Milky Way® Midnight MIni's. The box is embellished with free printable. See more details here: http://www.hostessblog.com/2011/10/spellbound-sweets-part-1-captive-candy-wicked-caramel-apples/
– A "Spidery Cupcake Tower" featured homemade cupcakes topped with a glittered Big Momma Spider and glittered Spider Kids. Baby "Spider Bites" (mini cupcakes) were served on the side. Full DIY details here: http://www.hostessblog.com/2011/10/spellbound-sweets-part-2-spidery-cupcake-tower-spider-bites/
– Mini store-bought donuts were served on DIY "Bewtiched Broomsticks" made from wood craft dowels with little bundles of raffia folded and tied at one end. They were displayed on white trays lined with more of the free printables. Full DIY post here: http://www.hostessblog.com/2011/10/spellbound-sweets-part-3-bewitched-donut-broomsticks-witchs-brew/
– 4x6 signs were displayed in $1 Tolsby frames from IKEA.
– The "table runner" is actually a tattered cheesecloth door covering purchased from Michaels for $3.
– Small decorative pumpkins were embellished with striped ribbon to further play up the striped pattern featured throughout the table.