- Gilbert, AZ
- Party Albums:
4th of July party (24 photos)
Celebrating 4th of July on a budget
I went around my house and gathered all the things I could use to set up my tables. I used a 6-ft table with a white tablecloth. You can find that tablecloth at Target for $16.99. I use mine very often. I am not good at sewing, but I can make simple table runners and napkins as you see displayed on the tables. The blue and white stripes fabric is from Goodwill ($.99 cents for all of it). The red and stars table runners cost me about $20 in material, but you will have leftover material for other use.
- A cake, cupcakes or dessert does not need to be the focal point in the middle of the table. I used my white beverage jar to make it the focal point.
- I decided not to buy desserts such as cookies, cupcakes, or cake pops because it can get very expensive. I bought fruit and it was way more affordable.
- I purchased 4 clear star dishes at the Dollar Tree ($4)
- I bought a small amount of M&M's ($5) from here: http://www.sweetiescandyaz.com/ (local store for me)
- I bought red and white tootsie rolls ($3) from here: http://www.sweetiescandyaz.com/
- I bought 2 bags of "flag" mints at the Dollar Tree ($2)
- I bought one bag of "red vines" ($1) and wrapped them with flag ribbon I purchased at Hobby Lobby for 90% off last year. It helps to buy things after each holiday. You get the best deal. The patriotic boxes where the beverage jar and flowers are setting on are also from the 90% isle last year.
- All the mason jars are from Goodwill. I spent $3.50 for all of them
- The patriotic straws inside the jars are from the Dollar Tree ($1)
- The little flags are from Target 3 of them for $1
- The red jars next to the white beverage jar are from Hobby Lobby. Clearance isle for $1.25 each
- The roses in the mason jars are from the Dollar Tree
- I wrapped 2 cans of soup with stars scrapbook paper to set the little red jars on top
- I make my own pennant banners from scrapbook paper. If you don't want to make your own, you can purchase them in my etsy shop at A To Zebra Celebrations.
Watermelon (cut into stars with a cookie cutter)
Total spent for fruit: $6.50 (everything was on sale)
The little white tray where all the fruit is set up is from Pier1 Imports, but I had a $20 gift card. It costs $24.99 but I only paid $4.99 plus tax :)
Kids table: I used my daughter's old table from IKEA and I used a red Christmas tablecloth I bought at Walmart years ago. I made the little table runner with the stripes fabric from Goodwill.
I bought paper plates, napkins, and 4 juice boxes at the Dollar Tree. Total for this $4
I wrapped the red chairs with the "flag" ribbon from my 90% off purchase at Hobby Lobby last year.
The little pinwheels inside the red jar in the middle of the table are from Michael's $1.20 with the 40% off coupon
All the little tags, signs, and party circles are a FREE download from Paper & Pigtails etsy shop. You can download them here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5oq3itg8jbfkkcw/July4thPrintables.zip
Total for this party was less than $80. However, I didn't spend this much because I already had things in hand. This total is for someone that practically has to get everything except the tables. If you have to buy tables, then you will go over this amount. I recommend to borrow from friends if you need to. Walmart, Goodwill, and Target are the best places for white dishes.
CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS EVENT INCLUDED:
MORE EVENTS FROM THIS MEMBER: Visit Member Profile to View All