- Tacoma, WA
- Party Albums:
Pinwheels & Polka Dots 1st Birthday Luau (45 photos)
Rowyn's first birthday party included a custom-detailed pinwheels and polka dots theme designed by her DIY-er graphic designer mommy.
One of the highlights of the party was the dessert table which featured a variety of home baked goodies, pinwheels, and a custom-designed cake topper from www.etsy.com/shop/SweetiePieCaketopper. Another attractive area was the welcome table which featured a thumbprint guestbook, cake pops, and monthly photo collage. Hand-crafted decorations included: bunting banners, pull-string pinata, and tissue poms.
- Invitations - pocket folds from www.cardsandpockets.com. Printable invitation and matching stationery available in my shop (www.etsy.com/shop/MidoriGraphics)
- Bunting: DIY, printable file available in my shop (www.etsy.com/shop/MidoriGraphics)
- Party Hat: www.etsy.com/shop/LittlePinkTractor
- Custom Cake Topper: www.etsy.com/shop/SweetiePieCaketopper
- Pinwheels: www.etsy.com/shop/sweettreatssupplies
- DIY Pinata: www.thesweetestoccasion.com/2011/06/how-to-make-a-pinata
- Candy Cups: www.shopsweetlulu.com
- Favors on a budget: Bubbles from the dollar store with custom labels and bakers twine. For the babies, I put a variety of baby cookies in candy cups.
- Cupcake stands and cake stands on a budget: Spray painted Goodwill finds in the party's colors.
- Thumbprint Guestbook: Guests left "balloon prints" on a custom-designed print.
- Home baked goodies: Cakes, strawberry cream cupcakes and baby cakes, brownie and cake batter rice krispy treat bites (used a large pastry tip as a cookie cutter and they fit perfectly into mini cupcake liners).
- Vintage high chair: from antique store, spray painted white. Cut strips of fabric to use as streamers on the back.
- Centerpieces: mason jars and Rowyn's baby food jars with cut flowers from my mother-in-law's garden
- Venue: Rock Creek Gardens - Puyallup, WA (www.rockcreekgardensvenue.com)
- Photography: Grit City Photography (www.gritcityphoto.com)