Love Comes Softly
Start by choosing the scrapbook paper you want to use for your table. Make sure to find at least 3 different, but coordinating patterns - such as the pretty blue foral papers shown here, which came in a small 5" square pad with multiple patterns that could all be used together. This will determine your theme's color palette, and everything else will coordinate around the paper you choose!
Place Settings & Table Linens:
• A creme-colored or off-white tablecloth will give a "warmer" look than a pure white cloth, but don't be afraid to use white linens in smaller doses - such as the napkins and table runner. Keeping your overall linen colors light & monochromatic will give the table design a soft and inviting "feel".
• Small plates in a coordinating accent color will dress up your settings and make white napkins placed on top of them "pop".
• Create napkin rings from 1.5" strips of patterned scrapbook paper.
• Embellish the stems of cocktail glasses with satin ribbon.
For this centerpiece, you'll need:
• 5 or more double-tall shot glasses (to act as vases)
• scrapbook paper
• tulips or other flowers
Cut scrapbook paper into approximately 5x7" strips. The tube will need to slide over the shot glass, so make sure the size works for you before cutting! If the shot glass is too wide, you may need to cut wider sheets of paper.
Roll the paper into a tube (using the shorter dimension as your height) and stable the ends of the paper together to secure.
Fill the shot glasses 1/2 way with water, then place them in an evenly spaced row down the center of your table. Slide the paper tubes over the shot glassses, insert the flower stems, and done!
Display special quotes or phrases appropriate for the occassion in place card holders - such as the acrylic holders shown here - or frames. You can use ready-made scrapbooking stickers or design & print your own from your computer.