Modern Midnight Madness
Tips for your Modern Midnight Madness Tabletop:
• Start with a black tablecloth, solid-color dinner and salad plates in orange and black, and party napkins with a contemporary Halloween pattern. (The shimmery melamine plates and skull & spider napkins pictured here were all purchased in-store at Target.)
• Fold the napkins in half and put them on top of the salad plates with a single orange vase gem placed on top. Turn the beverage napkins at a 45ª angle and place them under your cocktail or water glasses. Embellish glassware with a plastic clip-on spider.
• For the centerpiece arrangement, choose bright orange florals with a contemporary feel. Opt for unusual/abstract designs over traditional flowers - such as the artificial orange stems pictured here (found in-store at Joann Fabrics). Clip plastic spiders onto your floral stems and make sure to remove any leaves or greenery so that the creepy crawlers really stand out! Set the arrangement on an orange table runner or plate, and sprinkle more spiders around the bottom of the vase.
• Use orange tealights in contemporary holders and mini pumpkins to line the table on either side of the centerpiece. (white tealight holders pictured here available at IKEA)
• Glitter Plates & Skull Napkins are from Target's 2007 Halloween Collection. Check the latest collection for similar styles.
• Chinese Lantern stems - Joann Fabrics
• Plastic Spiders - Party City (find similar items online at Oriental Trading Co. and Century Novelty)