//, Party Decor Projects/New Party Theme: Bedtime Story

New Party Theme: Bedtime Story

modern bedtime story baby shower

Just added another new party theme to the HWTM Baby Showers section! This one is called “Bedtime Story” and features tables made up to look like beds, storybooks, plush toys, framed pics of sleeping babies, and more. This theme is super easy to put together – and you can tailor it to any color palette/fabric design you like… Click here for the details!

modern bedtime story baby shower

By |2018-02-12T09:39:22+00:00July 28th, 2008|Baby Showers, Party Decor Projects|

1. Renee July 28, 2008 at 5:13 am

I love this idea! It’s one of the most original I’ve seen and heard in a long time!

2. Shannan July 28, 2008 at 6:45 am

LOVE this! I am all about anything mod baby and not cutesy baby. My homegirl Amy (of Stem) just did my baby shower last weekend and it was also incredible. Check my blog for pics if you’re so inclined!

3. jenn s. July 28, 2008 at 7:04 am

Hi Shannan –
    Thanks! And I saw the pics on Amy’s blog and the shower was ridiculously cute!! (which is not surprising int he least!) I’ll check out your blog too…and congrats on the TRIPLETS! :)

Jenn

4. amy July 28, 2008 at 8:01 am

I’ve been waiting to see this since the “teaser” of it awhile back. The cutest thing I have ever seen. Ever. I see me using this in my future. I am that psychic.

(Shannan meet Jenn. Jenn meet Shannan.Oprah.Uma.Uma.Oprah.)

5. tlc July 28, 2008 at 8:39 am

I am going to try this for the shower I am throwing for my sister. Such a great idea. You are so cleverly creative.

6. Anna July 28, 2008 at 9:28 am

So cute!

Shop In Chic

7. Shannan July 28, 2008 at 9:37 am

Jenn,
    Thanks on the congrats, and by the way, you are HELLA creative, and correct when you say Amy’s shower was ridiculously cute, as is she (if not a wee bit craaaazy), but that’s why I love her!
    Shan

8. Jennifer @ SmallTownShopaholic July 28, 2008 at 10:11 am

That is the most creative baby shower idea I’ve ever seen. I love giving books as baby gifts, and this theme is a perfect way to expand on that gift idea. Love it!

9. ShopLittleGifts July 28, 2008 at 1:31 pm

very cool! love it. it’s casual, it’s dreamy. i think it’s a great theme for kids’ birthday parties as well. they can do dream sketches or make one page of a story time book each that compiles as a book (for reprinting) and they can all take it home the next day.

10. Tracey July 28, 2008 at 1:44 pm

i remember the teaser- the “real deal” did not disappoint! And how cute is that baby?!

11. Christy from Thank You Notes July 29, 2008 at 12:18 am

This is such a brilliant and inexpensive idea! I’ve never seen this before. I might actually do a variation on this for a grown-up birthday pajama party!

12. thrilled by the thought July 29, 2008 at 7:33 am

This is so stinkin’ creative. I wish I knew someone who I could throw a baby shower for!

13. MIMI July 29, 2008 at 4:48 pm

Loving the idea!! It also makes me brainstorm for a cute Dr. Seuss themed birthday party! :)

14. denise baker July 31, 2008 at 9:17 am

Love this idea for a baby shower.

My daughter and I used this same idea for an early morning breakfast party that she did. It is a favorite theme of mine because it is fairly inexpensive to pull off not to mention easy.

I love seeing how you incorporated it for a shower – the colors pop and it is such an inviting table.

15. sophia August 6, 2008 at 12:36 pm

oh my goodness – i am not one to be so easily impressed but this idea is absolutely adorable and clever! what a great website you have! i will definitely be visiting more frequently!

16. kadie November 2, 2008 at 11:39 am

I am hosting a shower for a friend and want to do this. What kind of invitations would you recommend?? Thanks,

17. noor November 2, 2008 at 11:37 pm

It soo cute..give me idea for my girl next bithday party.She had a slept over party recently..my house was a mess..all of them did’nt slept till next morning..

18. Cari December 26, 2008 at 7:19 pm

LOVE THIS! I looked online and IKEA doesn’t have the orange sheets anymore =(.

I wish I knew WHERE TO GET everything… I’ve been searching online for over an hour with no luck! If anyone knows where to find cool invites for this, sheets that would work – I’d love some tips! I think I can locate the plates and things….

thanks!

19. Michelle January 20, 2009 at 8:12 pm

I love this theme!
    I am going to do this theme for an upcoming shower for a friend that is having her 4th baby. I was hoping you might post a picture or give me some ideas for the invitation (looks and wording) as well as any games to play or things to do at the shower.
    Thanks!!

20. Sara Wright August 12, 2009 at 6:19 pm

Any chance of seeing the invitations for the Bedtime Story Shower?

Thanks!

21. Satasha August 18, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Can someone tell me where to get the party favors from? I was interested in giving them away as party favors. Also for those looking for invites check out http://www.tinyprints.com. The invite however will not be on sale after Sept. 30. Cute triplets and I love that style of name on the wall, how did you do that? (Shannan)

22. Jennifer December 30, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Any ideas on how to do this with round tables?
    Thoughts?
    Love this theme!

23. Shondria Holland January 3, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Hi Shannan can you give me the website that the pictures are on I would love to see them this bedtime story theme is a wonderful idea Im always givin parties and showwers for friends and family Love the idea!