////, Parties for Boys/Candyland First Birthday Party – Part l

Candyland First Birthday Party – Part l

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

UPDATE 8/13 – I’m allowed to put this post back up now! Yay! (was originally posted on Monday but had to wait until the MomLogic article was up.)

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

Hi Everyone – I’m back from Colorado and happy to report that Max’s Candyland Birthday Party went well!  We definitely ran into some hiccups with the weather (hello, sporadic thunderstorms!) and ended up having to move everything indoors at the last minute, but it all worked out in the end… more on all that later!

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

It will probably take me a couple days to get everything up in the Party Themes section with detailed “how-to” instructions and all that fun stuff, but in the meantime – to get something up quick – I added 2 photo albums of the pictures that Sonny took with our camera onto the HWTM Facebook Page: Candyland Birthday Party – Part l (featuring party decor, candy & favor shots) and Candyland Birthday Party – Part ll (Max, Trista & Ryan with the birthday cake).

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

Pictured above: Max having fun with his giant birthday cupcake. Pictured below: a few quick decor shots… check out the Candyland Part l photo album for lots more images.  Additional images from the professional photographer should be available soon as well…including more extensive shots of the 10-ft candy buffet!

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

By |2018-02-12T09:39:56+00:00August 13th, 2008|First Birthday, Parties for Boys|

1. http://www.lifeislikechampagneblog.com/ August 11, 2008 at 4:37 am

This theme looks so much fun, colorful and sweet, food sweet also! One of my favorite games and a great them for a party! I am keeping this one in the file, thanks for sharing!

2. Kim O. August 11, 2008 at 4:54 am

Amazing, Jenn!!!

3. Ashley August 11, 2008 at 5:01 am

Even cuter than I had imagined! Can’t wait to see more.

4. http://finestationery.blogspot.com/ August 11, 2008 at 6:23 am

So fun! I love the pillows. Candyland is one of my favourite childhood games. :)

5. http://emilyssomething.blogspot.com/ August 11, 2008 at 7:12 am

That party was for Trista and Ryan?! How fun! It looks like a total blast. I’m thinking of doing a (scaled down) version for my son’s birthday next month.

6. Wow, looks like a great partY!!!

7. http://vivabellabyjessie.blogspot.com/ August 11, 2008 at 8:28 am

LOVE how you used the paper lanters as candy. Such a cute idea!

8. http://thatswhywerefriends.blogspot.com/ August 11, 2008 at 8:46 am

What a fun party! You did such a great job. I can\’t wait to see more. The lunchboxes for the little ones are adorable.

9. Madelyn @ Southern Weddings August 11, 2008 at 8:55 am

This is fantastic! I love all the colors! I love how the theme is in every detail…you did an amazing job!

10. Mari08 August 13, 2008 at 11:16 am

Max looks so adorable with his face full of chocolate! I bet all the little ones at the party had a crazy sugar high with the candy buffet! If I were a kid again, this is definitely the party I would want to be invited to!

11. Melissa August 13, 2008 at 11:59 am

Awesome party! Every detail is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing. Aren’t they the cutest little family! :)

12. http://stemparties.blogspot.com/ August 13, 2008 at 12:43 pm

Dude, you’re in Life&Style.

Okay, it’s not Newsweek, but come on – that is awesome! Fun!

13. The City Sage August 13, 2008 at 12:52 pm

What a beautiful party for such a beautiful family! Can’t wait to see more pics…and suddenly I’m craving skittles and licorice!

14. http://finestationery.blogspot.com/ August 13, 2008 at 1:31 pm

i love the decorations along the fence!

15. Rebecca August 13, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Such an amazing party Jenn! It looks like so much fun!

16. Shari August 13, 2008 at 4:48 pm

I would love to know more about the themed lunch box. I am dying to do something like that for a back-to-school party. Could you provide me with your source? Thank you! :~)

17. jenn s. August 13, 2008 at 5:20 pm

Hi Shari –
    The custom lunchboxes were created by Em Tanner:

They’re super cute, but also a little pricey if you want to do a ton of them…in addition to party favors though, they’d also be super cute as centerpieces, in which you’d probably need less!

Em Tanner has lots of other cute stuff too – check out the custom tees and plates :)

18. Alieh August 13, 2008 at 10:47 pm

Oh my gosh, So CUTE! That’s a party everyone of any age would love to go to. Who can resist a candy buffet?!

19. Brooke August 14, 2008 at 11:20 am

I love this party it’s so sweet! and would you please tell me were you got the lanterns from?

20. jenn s. August 14, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Hi Brooke –

Both the Chinese lanterns and the Paper Daisies used for the giant lollipop border are from Luna Bazaar: http://www.lunabazaar.com

Very inexpensive too!! :)

21. Rene August 15, 2008 at 10:53 am

I just found out the shirt Trista is wearing can be found at http://www.shopdreem.com…I LOVE it…she looks great!!

22. Tracey August 15, 2008 at 4:44 pm

Hi Jenn,

Great theme party…where did you get the cute paint tins for the favors? It looks like Sweet Factory on the label.
    Thanks.

23. jenn s. August 16, 2008 at 9:28 am

Thanks, Tracey!

They are little Sweet Factory pails – and SF actually just sent them with the candy, so I’m not sure if they sell them individually. I didn’t see them online, but I’m going to ask the person I worked with over there next week. I hope they do sell them because they were the perfect size and super cute. If not, you could always use mini takeout cartons in either translucent or solid colors.

The container store also has some other cute pails/tins, but some of them could get a little pricey depending on how many people are at the party! Here’s the link:

Jenn :)

24. Stacy August 17, 2008 at 6:04 am

Another great idea, I just love all of the bright colors in this one. This would be a great theme for a girl or boy of any age. Thanks for sharing

Stacy

25. Good old metal lunchbox and thermos » Fun Finds For Mom August 18, 2008 at 10:43 pm

[…] lunchboxes on Lunchbox.com, I came across the great photos of a Candyland birthday party on the Hostess Blog. They used similar (or maybe the same) lunchboxes as personalized party favors. Here’s a […]

26. AMBER GARRETT August 25, 2008 at 10:31 am

OMIGOSH.. I LOVE THIS… I AM ACTUALLY PLANNING MY DAUGHTER’S 2ND BRITHDAY WITH THIS THEME AND I CAME ACROSS THIS WEBSITE SEARCHING FOR CANDYALND STUFF :)

27. Tanya October 18, 2008 at 6:18 pm

I’m helping with my niece’s b’day party who will be turning 4 next month. I was surfing the internet for all candyland ideas and your info came up, so I can not wait to share this with my sister. I’m so glad to see you and your family are doing well.

28. Maria October 31, 2008 at 8:16 am

I’m planning my daughters 1st b-day party, which happens to be a candy theme. I sent out lollipop invites, and I was wondering if you have any other creative decoration ideas or games in mind. I loved your sons party setup it was amazing…….

29. jenn s. October 31, 2008 at 8:39 am

Hi Maria –
    You can check out step-by-step on how to recreate the candy decorations – like the giant candies made out of paper lanterns & cellophane, giant lollipops, candy bouquets, and more on our detailed Candyland Birthday party theme page:

And for some great activity ideas, check out the Candyland ideas on Peppers and Pollywogs, which is a great kids party planning website:

hope that helps!

30. Navy Sou January 21, 2009 at 4:21 pm

OMG…We had a Candy Shoppe party for my daughter’s 3rd birthday last year that was similar! Here are some of the photos from the party posted on my blog:

31. […] Hostess with the Mostess recently created a fabulous Candy Land Party for the Bachelorette’s birthday boy, Max! She came up with some great creative ideas to build on this theme … a stunning, spectacular […]

32. Helene February 22, 2009 at 1:17 pm

Can you tell me where you got the centerpieces?

33. Summer February 22, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Wow. Beautiful. Just wondering where you purchased those lollipop inspired fans from (the decorations with the stick and placed in the grass).

34. Jeannine March 17, 2009 at 12:55 pm

I am driving myself crazy trying to find similar invitations used for Max!! The candy tree was ADORABLE!! The colors are perfect for my daughter’s first birthday! If anyone can help me find the designer I would be so grateful!!!

35. jenn s. March 23, 2009 at 11:28 am

Hi Everyone – I’m just now seeing all the latest questions – so apologies for the delay in response! Answers are below -and you can also get tons more details and step by step info on how to recreate this theme here:

Helene –
    I made the centerpieces using blumeboxes & blumebox ribbons – both of which are available at . The lollipops and whirly pops used for the “bouquet” portion are all available at SweetFactory.com:

Summer – the “fans” are from lunabazaar.com. Here’s the direct link (they’re actually called “paper daisies”).

Jeannine – So sorry you’ve been having a tough time with the invitations! I actually made the invitations myself for Trista, but I don’t usually offer this type of service because there just aren’t enough hours in the day :0 But the candy tree illustration is from istockphoto.com – and any designer you find would be able to use it (you just have to purchase it for about $10 first I think). It’s editable, so the image can be adjusted as necessary in Adobe Illustrator:

Good luck everyone!

36. tasia March 23, 2009 at 10:31 am

where can i find the pillows, flowers, candy. I am doing a carnival with a candy theme and i cant find a things to go along with the theme

37. Ashley S. May 12, 2009 at 7:59 am

This idea is really cute…where did u find the pillows and decorations for the hanging candy in the tree

38. jenn s. May 12, 2009 at 8:44 am

Ashley –
    The pillows are from sweetfactory.com and the tree decorations are actually round paper lanterns from lunabazaar.com (6″ – 12″ sizes) wrapped in cellophane and tied off at the ends with ribbon. The cellophane rolls are available at craft stores like Michaels and Hobby Lobby.

39. sarah June 8, 2009 at 1:07 pm

if you are looking for CandyLand invitations that are ADORABLE check out paperheartpress on etsy.com – i am so happy with the quality and turnaround time…not too mention how cute they are!

40. shanik washington June 12, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Jenn….I must say that u have come up with some great ideas.Well I wont take up too much of your time….I just wanted to know where did u get the whirly pops yardsticks or if u made them….how did u make them I would luv to know.May god continue to bless you and your family.

41. jenn s. June 16, 2009 at 6:01 pm

Hi Shanik –
    I actually lucked out and the candycane base for the largest “whirly pops” those at a decor store near me called “Shinoda Design Center” – but they were in the Christmas section, so online holiday stores might be a good place to look for them! And then the lollipop tops are actually “paper daisies” from lunabazaar.com.

The giant REAL whirly pops that are stuck in the grass are from Sweet Factory.

hope that helps! :)

42. Brooke July 30, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Jenn…I love the ideas you came up with for this party…I am planning a candy land party for my daughters first bday….where can I find the personalized banner ??

43. Brooke July 30, 2009 at 11:31 pm

I want to use the same plates and napkins for my daughters party as well…..I love all the bright colors however im having a hard time finding them, any suggestions ??????

44. Latoya July 31, 2009 at 11:10 am

I am truly impressed and inspired by this, I was planning a candy land theme for my daughter. I have taken so many notes from you. I would like to know where did u get the lunch boxes from and how did you decorate them.

45. Brooke July 31, 2009 at 11:38 am

This is the cutest party idea ever…where can I find the customized banner ?? Also I am having a hard time finding the plates and napkins used there, any suggestions ??

46. Sonya August 11, 2009 at 10:13 am

yes i need some help for my little niece birthday party the theme id candyland. and we are still not sure how to do the cake so i was wondering if u cansend some pictures to see how are we going to make it.

47. Ashley S. August 18, 2009 at 12:53 pm

I am planning a candyland party for my daughter who is turning 2 and i would like to know where can i find the colorful striped plates and napkins

48. Becky Smith January 9, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Just wondering what you did for invites?? I am doing a Candyland Birthday party for my daughter and needed some ideas for invites??

49. jenn s. January 11, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Hi Becky –
    I actually designed the invites myself, but Trista just emailed them out. Here’s a link to what they looked like (we ended up going with the first version).

I plan to offer these invites soon on a website called PolkaDotDesign.com, but they won’t be up for at least a few weeks, so it may be too late for your party.

Here are a few cute ideas from other websites that might work though:

“Candy is Dandy” Invitation

“Sweetie Design”

Candyland Invitations

Good luck! :)

50. Karen January 13, 2010 at 4:41 pm

For those of you on a tighter budget, I used Just Artifacts (www.justartifacts.net) to order some paper lanterns. Great prices and quick delivery! The lanterns look just great. Currently they are having a sale on their lanterns.

51. Karen February 8, 2010 at 9:59 pm

where can I get teh lunchboxes? I am doing a candyland 1st birthday too!

52. jenn s. February 9, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Hi Karen –

The custom lunchboxes were created by Em Tanner:

They’re super cute, but also really pricey if you want to do a ton of them…as an alternative to party favors though, they’d also be super cute as centerpieces, in which you’d probably only need a few!

53. Birthday Checklist February 16, 2010 at 12:49 am

Hi I was looking through your website and found the Candyland First Birthday Party. I love them but would like to know if you have one for a chocolate party thank you so much.

54. Abi February 27, 2010 at 5:31 pm

OMG! I was just putting my daughter’s party together for her first bday and we’re doing a Candyland theme because her nickname is Lolipop. I was looking for ideas and came across this. This is so cute!!!!! Your family is beautiful Trista! Thanks!

55. Candy Land Party - Divine Party Concepts April 22, 2010 at 10:00 am

[…] are some great places to look for inspiration like Hostess With the Mostess; The TomKat Studio; and Party […]

56. Giselle April 26, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Hi Jen! Love your ideas/blog… Not sure if it’s against copyright but I noticed an event planner who had some of your Candyland pics on birthday section… strange. In case you’re interested here is the website… :)

57. Jessica May 12, 2010 at 8:13 am

Where can I get the customized banner!!???

58. Ibett May 12, 2010 at 10:43 am

Jessica, I did Candyland and could not find the corresponding banner for it, so I found a personalizable banner kit at my local Party City for the same price. Very coloful. It came with 4 signs and many extra letters and numbers, so it went very well with the party. Good luck.

59. Jenn @ HWTM May 13, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Hi Everyone –
    If you’d like to order the same Candyland banner from this party for your own event, you can order it through Emagine Digital: http://emaginedigital.com/.

The banners are 6 feet wide by 28″ tall, printed on vinyl with grommets for hanging, and can be customized with your child’s name an age.

Price is $75. To order, send an email to [email protected] with name/age info for the banner, shipping address, and date the banner is needed by.

=)

60. Alice Mall September 7, 2011 at 10:27 am

The different colored kids tables are wonderful! Were those purchased or rented? Thanks so much.

61. Yasir Lowery July 3, 2012 at 2:25 am

Well looks like a sweet birthday !

62. Tonya Pool Turner January 31, 2013 at 10:45 pm

I want to find the pillows?

63. New Party Theme: Candyland Birthday // Hostess with the Mostess® February 19, 2013 at 12:52 pm

[…] details for how to recreate the Candyland Birthday Party we threw for Max Sutter last month are finally up in the Party Themes section.  I’m so sorry it took me a while to […]