/////REAL PARTIES: Wii Bowling Tournament

REAL PARTIES: Wii Bowling Tournament

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

From the second i laid eyes on the ultra-creative “bowling lane table runner” pictured above, I knew this Wii Bowling Tournament was going to be a fun party to check out! Even better, the party’s hostess with the mostess: Robin Chowaniec put the tournament together as a mini fundraiser for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life.

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

Read on for more for more info on all the creative details – from Wii controller candy dispenser favors to Margamiitas and Mowiitos – straight from Robin herself!

***

“To get my husband more involved with Relay, I formed a team named: Team Wii Fight Cancer.  The bowling tournament seemed like a good excuse to have friends over to play the Wii, eat and raise a couple hundred $$ for ACS.”

Pictured above: (Image 1) The table runner was a kitchen cabinet liner that looked like bamboo with red masking tape added for foul line and cut for direction arrows. The plastic bowling pins & ball are from Oriental Trading Company. (Image 2) I glazed a handful of dense pound cake cubes to look like Wii remote controls, then used a frosting pen to duplicate power and home logos.

Below: a “Team Wii” sign made from cardstock:

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

For easy Caprese Salad on a Stick appetizers, I stuck the sticks into halved mini watermelons with printed Mii’s of those attending amongst the food:

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

I found *mini Wii remote candy dispensers at Walgreens, just repackaged in clear cellophane bags for favors:

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

Margaritas and Mojitos were labeled as “Margamiitas” and “Mowiitos” for more Wii friendly atmosphere:

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

Evite had a Wii Sports themed invite:

Wii Party Evite

Other things to note:
Etch-it Cups from Celebrate Express were a big hit.
• We used a mini white board to keep track of top 4 scores.

***

Thanks so much for the inspiration, Robin! I can already think of a bunch of my own Wii-addicted friends who will love all these ideas!

*Note – I had a hard time finding a good place online to purchase Wii Remote Candy Dispensers, but there were a couple on ebay, and someone on Yahoo! Answers said they’ve seen them at Cost Plus, and then Robin found hers at Walgreens, so maybe they’re more of an in-store thing…but if anyone knows of any good places online, please share!

By |2018-02-12T20:46:12+00:00August 14th, 2008|Theme Parties|

1. http://www.dabbled.org August 20, 2008 at 6:38 pm

You have such fun ideas! By the way, I linked to this, and a couple other of your posts in my latest ‘inspirations’ post… keep up the great party ideas! http://dabbled.org/wednesday-linky-goodness

Dot
    dabbled.org

2. Robin September 2, 2008 at 11:57 am

Thanks Dot!

3. Staci September 7, 2008 at 10:11 am

This is great. My son is turning 10 and he wants a Wii party. You have some wonderful ideas. Thanks!!!

4. Coolest. Thing. Ever. « West Hartford Forums September 9, 2008 at 9:24 am

[…] eloquent about Wii Bowling. For example, over at the Hostess with the Mostess blog, they have a great post about a Wii bowling party complete with Margamiitas and Mowiitos (tell me you wish you […]

5. http://wedding-palindrome-wedding.blogspot.com/ September 10, 2008 at 9:47 am

i’ve been racking my brain for ideas for my nephew’s first birthday, but i’m just going to steal this one! it’ll probably be just wii/mii related and not necessarily bowling related. the DIY in me says i can make super cute onesies with my nephew’s mii on it! :) i’ll post pictures on my blog afterwards!

6. Janet September 29, 2008 at 2:45 pm

We are setting up a Wii Bowling League in our neighborhood, but I am stumped on how to organize teams (6 teams of 2 people, or 6 people on each team). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

7. Anari Belpre October 3, 2008 at 5:27 pm

A great thing you can do also is plan a nationwide wii bowling party. Using Gamezy.com you can play wii bowling online, all you need is a web cam. Create a league and compete against other leagues for cash and prizes.
    As a fundraiser its a great way to maximize your efforts and raise more money.

8. kAREN October 21, 2008 at 12:18 pm

We hve seen your MII people onm a stick on your website. Can you tell us where you got the images to use on the sticks

9. sue October 28, 2008 at 7:06 pm

I just invited a bunch of girlfriends over for a Wii bowling party, now I know how to make it even better!
    I also am in charge of a fundraiser and need some help. It’s an international theme, with a beautiful passport as the invitation. But we don’t know what to name the actual event. It’s an auction, with a sit down dinner. Each course will be a different country. The tables will be in india sari silk, auction tables will have decorations from countries like Japan, Spain, Africa. should we just say “Escape” since that conjours up something exciting and much needed these days? Ideas please!!

10. Donna November 15, 2008 at 11:15 am

This is fantastic!!
    Where did you find the table runner?

11. jenn s. November 15, 2008 at 12:12 pm

HI Donna –
    Robin actually made the table runner! This is what she said:
    “The table runner was a kitchen cabinet liner that looked like bamboo with red masking tape added for foul line and cut for direction arrows.”

12. Wii Party Theme December 4, 2008 at 9:16 pm

[…] Party Theme REAL PARTIES Wii Bowling Tournament Hostess with the Mostess REAL PARTIES Wii Bowling Tournament Hostess with the Mostess is also a nice […]

13. wedding-palindrome-wedding December 7, 2008 at 8:43 pm

Hi folks, I finally threw the wii/mii party for my nephew and as promised I posted pictures on my blog. It was such a fun party- Thanks for all the wonderful ideas! http://wedding-palindrome-wedding.blogspot.com/2008/12/wiimii-partii-time.html

14. Wilco January 3, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Hey there, cool stuff. We want to setup some sort of Wii tourny for a fund raiser as well. I am curious about HOW you make it a fund raiser? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Wilco

15. Tammy January 9, 2009 at 6:35 am

Where did you get the Mill’s that you put with the food? I cannot find out how to print them out?

16. Rosa January 15, 2009 at 7:18 am

Wii parties are lots of fun for all ages. Come check us out at http://www.wiipartiescfl.com

17. Pumpkin Petunia January 23, 2009 at 11:37 am

Thanks so much for the inspiration! When my 10 year old son came to me requesting this exact theme for his party, I remembered this post and knew it would be a piece of cake!

Check out our spin on this theme here: http://pumpkinpetunia.blogspot.com/2009/01/wiiiiiiiiiiii-party-recap.html

18. Superbowl-ing « the little things. January 26, 2009 at 9:22 am

[…] and check out another awesome Wii Bowling party over at Hostess with the Mostess.  […]

19. Zoe February 6, 2009 at 8:12 pm

I am trying to set up a Wii bowling league or tennis league. I have no clue as to how to make it fun with prizes etc. We are a bunch of “young” 50 year old ladies! Any ideas?

Thanks.

20. Donna February 10, 2009 at 2:08 pm

How can i organize a wii bowling tournament as a HIV fundraiser. I want to have two college student groups competing