Looking for spring party inspiration? Here are a few surprisingly quick & easy centerpieces that I put together for a Spring themed cocktail party.
If you’ve followed the blog for a while, it’s probably no secret that manzanita branches & grapewood are one of my favorite elements for creating centerpieces… due largely in part that they make a fabulous “canvas” for all sorts of decorations. They’re also a quick, easy way to create large & impactful centerpieces at a fraction of the cost of big floral arrangements.
Even better: these particular arrangements are made with just a few main elements: branches, moss balls, artificial butterflies, and orange mums.
I chose a contemporary palette of bright green and vibrant orange for this party, but – as always – this same concept can be tailored to any colors of your choice!
Full DIY details and shopping resources below…
SPRING CENTERPIECE #1 – Manzanita in Square Vase
• Natural Red Manzanita – 12-18″ size ($4.18 at blooms and branches)
• Moss Ball (3.5″ Bumpy/Cobblestone ball used here)
• Artificial Butterflies
• Mums (or your flower of choice)
• White Ceramic Vase (or your vessel of choice)
• Floral Foam Bricks – Wet
1. Soak floral foam according to instructions. Trim to size & insert in vase.
2. Insert branch into the center of the foam.
3. Trim flower stems to just a few inches tall and insert them into the wet foam, making sure the fit is tight and completely covers the foam.
4. Decorate the branch with moss balls & butterflies. Use hot glue or pop up glue dots (available at craft & scrapbook stores) to secure the butterflies in place. I prefer glue dots… less chance of burned fingers!
SPRING CENTERPIECE #2 – Manzanita in Rectangle Vase
(Pictured behind centerpiece #1)
This is essentially the same as Centerpiece #1, just utilizing a rectangular vase instead of the square vase, and green button mums instead of the orange mums. I also used a smaller manzanita branch here – the 10 – 14″ size, but you can also use the 12-18″ size as well.
SPRING CENTERPIECE #3 – Grapewood Branch
(Pictured in image #2)
• Grapewood Branch in the size of your choice
• Moss Ball (5.5″ Bumpy/Cobblestone ball used here)
• Artificial Butterflies
Add moss ball and butterflies to grapewood branch using hot glue or glue dots. Depending on the shape of the branch, you may be able to just wedge the ball in place and skip the gluing all together!
And for a fun cocktail idea for spring parties, try a colorful Chambord French Martini (featuring black raspberry & pineapple flavors) garnished with lemon or orange twists!
French Martini Recipe:
1-1/2 oz vodka
1/4 oz Chambord® Raspberry Liqueur
1/4 oz fresh pineapple juice
Shake with ice and pour into a cocktail or martini glass.
One More Tip!
• Use glue dots to add more of the artificial butterflies to the edges of serving trays & bowls. This helps to give your food & party decor a cohesive look. =)