//, Theme Parties/Modern Beer Tasting Birthday Party

Modern Beer Tasting Birthday Party

beer tasting 30th birthday party

You had me at “Beer Here“…and I’m just loving everything about this BEER TASTING birthday party by Ashley. The concept is so simple, but super fun! What a great way to celebrate a milestone birthday and sample a bunch of unique beers all at the same time!

From the cool signage and pub food, to the amazing bottle cap cake – (great minds think alike, I had a similar cake made for my hubby’s 29th birthday!) – to the fully stocked drink stations, Ashley incorporated every guy’s favorite things: BEER and FOOD. She obviously knows the way to a man’s heart!

beer tasting 30th birthday party

Read on for more festive party photos and creative details…

Set up & Tap

Beer Tasting Invitation

beer tasting 30th birthday party

Dessert and Details

Beer Snacks

Empty Bottles

*****

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Ashley…

“I had a beer-tasting party for my husband’s 30th birthday party.

The concept was simple: guests brought a 6-pack of beer in one of the following categories: ale, lager or stout/dark.

Each station was in a different area of the house, and people were free to try whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. Each station was equipped with cups, napkins, a bottle opener, place for beer caps, and a place to take notes about beers they loved or hated. The sample cups gave people the opportunity to pour some of the beer into a cup, instead of drinking the entire bottle. We also had a pony keg of a Kansas City local favorite (Boulevard Wheat) on tap.

We ended up with about 15 different beers at each station, and it was a fabulous time. We plan on turning this party into an annual Octoberfest event!

For food, I did a bunch of bar food type appetizers – buffalo chicken dip, taquitos, jalapeno poppers, chicken enchilada dip, beer dip, etc. Downstairs I did a snack bar with spicy nuts, mixed nuts, pub mix, tobassco popcorn and seasoned oyster crackers. At the dessert bar was cake, mini cupcakes and brownies. The bottle cap cake was rocky road with cookies ‘n’ cream filling. The mini cupcakes were strawberry, lemon, carrot and peanut butter. And the cream cheese brownies were made by my amazing grandmother!

My favorite pictures are from the day after, when we lined up all the empty beer bottles on the bar.”

*****

VENDOR CREDITS:
– Party Styling & Graphic Design: by the party hostess – Ashley!
– Cake & Cupcakes: Cake by Combs
– Napkins: ForYourParty.com

*****

By |2018-02-12T18:15:22+00:00May 26th, 2011|Eat & Drink, Theme Parties|

JESSICA WILCOX of Modern Moments admits to being kept awake by new creative ideas. Friends are amazed that she no sooner has a great idea for a new product than it appears on her website – beautiful and ready for customers!

This artistic, high-energy entrepreneur with a degree in business discovered her flair for design as she settled into domestic life in Portland, Oregon, with her husband and first son six years ago. Since then, she’s had two more adorable boys and has begun two flourishing design-related businesses, one for custom home décor and one for print goods and party supplies.

Her flair for party details is the reason she is now developing a third business. A lover of “all things cupcake,” Jessica not only creates unique party décor but loves to cook savory snacks and bake sweet treats that creatively express the event’s theme. Lucky family members get to enjoy her design and culinary creations on a regular basis, and she’s now ready to share her party planning brilliance with the world. Watch for it!

1. jackandlill May 26, 2011 at 7:48 am

Wow, I love this idea! My husband would flip for this :)

2. Mindy May 26, 2011 at 7:56 am

LOVE this! what a fun “manly” theme. reminds me of college, but a little less crazy haha

3. Annika @ Cakes Likes A Party May 26, 2011 at 8:47 am

This is TOTALLY fab! I love the simplicity of the cake, the clean graphics, and the concept in general – everything is just perfect! Great job Ashley!

4. K. McGuire May 26, 2011 at 9:21 am

OMgoodness! My boyfriend would love this… any day, not just a birth day! lol

5. Ashley Miller May 26, 2011 at 10:10 am

Thanks ladies! I had a blast with this party. We’ve decided to come it an annual event, and I’ve started dreaming up what to add this time around.

6. Liz Scheniman May 26, 2011 at 10:13 am

Ok, this is a fantastic party theme – I just love it!
    I especially love the party snack station….what fun!

7. Linda @ Lemon Drop Team May 26, 2011 at 11:48 am

What a terrific idea! My boyfriend’s turning 30 this year and he would LOVE this theme. I agree with K. McGuire, anyday would be fun! to host this event!

8. Mae May 26, 2011 at 4:52 pm

This is unique, as far as I can tell. I love how my male friends and brothers would pour over this.

9. Leila | Be Inspired PR May 27, 2011 at 12:45 pm

SUCH a great idea!

10. Elizabeth May 28, 2011 at 4:46 pm

What a fun party. My husband is turning 40 next year and this would be perfect. His friends are going to love it too!

11. Susan Huber May 28, 2011 at 6:25 pm

This party plan has it all: a great theme that was carried out with attention to detail, an opportunity for guests to have fun and interact and visual appeal! Fabulous ideas for those men in our lives!

12. Erica May 31, 2011 at 12:22 am

Well put together. Great cake idea.

13. T.Lillian May 31, 2011 at 9:29 am

What a nice party…full of great ideas! I was wondering where you found the yard sign holder. I’ve never seen one like that before.

14. Amber-Lee June 2, 2011 at 1:05 pm

This is the party I would loved to have had last week for my husband’s 30th. However, we live in student housing at a religious school that doesn’t allow alcohol on it’s campus. So, I had to settle for a zombie theme.

15. Meagan Darrow June 29, 2011 at 8:43 pm

HI! I am totally doing this theme for my husband’s 30th! Anyway you would share the invites and printables?
    Thanks!

16. Kelly July 15, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I love all of your ideas and how classy it turned out even with it being a beer party, looks amazing! May I ask where you purchased the glass bowls that hold the snacks or what that type of bowl is called? Also, where did you get the signage? Everything looks so nice :)

• Jennifer July 23, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I found those type of glass bowls the other day at Garden Ridge – they were $10 each….:)

17. Jennifer July 23, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I absolutely love this idea! I am going to do this for my husband’s 30th as well. Like someone asked before, would you be willing to share/charge a small fee for the invite graphic and printables?…I would TOTALLY appreciate it – on a budget and you would make my day…well actually my whole month! My daughter’s 1st birthday is 10 days before my husband’s so I have alot of expenses coming my way.

PS – I have a friend who has an amazing recipe for Guinness Beer cupcakes, I’ll share with you if you are interested :)

18. Gina August 8, 2011 at 9:20 am

Great idea…looks like a great evening with friends and family. Were can I find The “Beers to Remember” note pad?

19. Kate September 22, 2011 at 11:23 am

Love this idea! Just wondering if you made the invitations yourself or had them printed.

20. Rachel J October 5, 2011 at 11:12 am

I just found your blog and what a treat to find this post on the beer tasting birthday party. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and can’t wait to use your ideas. Thanks for sharing!

21. Megan January 22, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Ashley, I would like to second Jennifer’s request for the invites, note pad & signage. Please let us know if you are willing to sell copies of these items! Thank you so much!

22. Nicki February 26, 2012 at 9:59 am

I too would like to request the invites, note pads, and signage! I would be willing to pay for these items, please let us know if you are willing to share these items.

23. LaNeale Robertson February 28, 2012 at 5:08 pm

I am echoing the last few comments. I am doing this party and would love the printables. I am willing to pay as well. Thanks!

24. Katie April 3, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I too am having a beer/pub party for my brother in laws 30th and would be willing to pay for the printables and signage. Has any one found them or has Ashley shared?

25. Ashley Jean Schermer Pettit April 30, 2012 at 4:52 am

Where did you get the glasses that held the popcorn, nuts, pretzels, etc.

26. Annie June 22, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Hi! I love your ideas for a beer party! I found the invitations on Etsy, but where can I find the other signs? Thank you! :)

27. Debbie Lucio July 10, 2012 at 2:52 am

Great theme! Do you have a link to print out some of the signs you used?

28. Kelly November 16, 2014 at 1:38 pm

We are planning a Beer Tasting Bon Voyage party for my husband… he’ll be gone for 6 MONTHS!!! I love your ideas! Thanks for sharing. Did you create the invites yourself?