//, Kids Birthday, Parties for Girls/Colorful Chevron & Polka Dots First Birthday Party

Colorful Chevron & Polka Dots First Birthday Party

Quick Jump To » Vendor Credits | Comments

candy coated chevron and polka dot dessert table

Even though this is a first birthday party, I’m pretty sure this vibrant Chevron & Polka Dots theme would make birthday girls of all ages very HAPPY. :) And with its candy-licious color palette and modern styling, “happy” is the perfect adjective to describe this sunny celebration!

PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:

• Fabulous (& budget-friendly!) zig zag streamers made from scrapbook paper
  • Chevron-bedecked cotton candy buckets
  • Sweet dessert table backdrop featuring framed pics of the birthday girl
  • Age-appropriate kid favors like personalized sippy cups for the tiniest party guests

DIY rainbow chevron party backdrop

hot pink chair with pink yellow teal birthday crown

candy coated chevron and polka dot party invitation

chevron first birthday party - chevron birthday girl outfit

candy coated chevron and polka dot birthday cake

chevron party cotton candy favors and buckets of gifts

colorful and bright chevron birthday party dessert table

chevron party with colorful zig zag streamers

veggie sticks with ranch dressing in party cups

chevron first birthday party outdoor games

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jill

The theme of daughter’s 1st birthday party was, teal and white chevron with yellow and white polka dots and splashes of hot pink.

BACKDROPS
For the back drop of the cake table, I used photos from mile-stones in my DD life One Week, 3 Months, 6 Months and 1 Years old in polka dot frames. The food table back drop, I made zig zag streamers from 12×12 scrapbook paper.

I served a staple lunch with sandwiches from Firehouse Subs, veggie sticks, fruit kabobs, and chips and goldfish.

FAVORS
Each Child was sent home with an age appropriate party favor. The older kids received a personalized sand bucket filled with sidewalk chalk, a water gun, gold fish, and more. The babies (one year and younger), received personalized sippy cups with light up rubber duckies. Each person at the party also received cotton candy buckets with matching chevron and polka dot labels.

Vendor Credit
By |2017-04-12T18:53:52+00:00June 20th, 2012|First Birthday, Kids Birthday, Parties for Girls|

1. Michelle - I DO invitations by michelle June 20, 2012 at 10:30 am

This party is amazing from the colors to the zig zag streamers – perfection! Love those keep calm napkins too, totally saw them at Target the other day! :)

2. Sonya June 20, 2012 at 2:19 pm

For the ladies inquiring about the streamers, Jordon from “Oh Happy Day” has a tutorial for these:

3. Mandi Misfit June 20, 2012 at 4:43 pm

how do you make the zig zag streamers from scrapbook paper? I NEED to do this!

4. MonogrammedEverything! June 20, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Ok, there are entirely too many things tonight on this site making my uterus flip for a girl!

5. Brandy Baker June 21, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Jill! It's georgous.

6. Megan Altman June 24, 2012 at 4:00 pm

What kind of material did you use of the backdrops???? If you dont mind me asking.

7. Jill June 27, 2012 at 1:16 pm

They are Flat Sheet that i bought from Wal-mart for $5.00. They come in almost every color you could need. just folded the top and made a rod pocket.

• Rebecca Reich March 8, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Where did you get that chevron print dress??? I love it! Would love to have one for my daughter.

8. Lisa July 2, 2012 at 7:43 am

Where did you find that darling chevron print dress? I love it!

9. Kelly July 4, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Where are the label linens from????

10. […] another FAB post from the Hostess blog… with chevron prints AND polka dots.  So, so […]

11. C August 30, 2012 at 5:20 am

I am in love with this idea!! Where did you find her adorable dress?

12. […] from the Hostess Blog, a GORGEOUS chevron and polka dot party… I’m just in awe of this cake… and everything else about the […]

13. Selina December 4, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Yes please tell us where you found that dress? It’s fabulous, just what I’ve been looking for.

14. Peggy January 15, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Can i ask where you found the keep calm napkins. I’ve been looking everywhere.

15. Kiara Kohn February 18, 2013 at 10:38 am

Where can I find the candy and that matches the color theme!?

16. alexandria mckee April 12, 2013 at 9:42 am

Where did you find the place cards for the tables, and the stickers for the snack bags?

17. Chevron & Polka Dots 1st Birthday Party April 18, 2013 at 10:07 am

[…] party inspiration came directly from this Chevron & Polka Dots Party shared over at Hostess with the Mostess.  She loved the colors and the cake… but she also asked me to add in some different elements […]

18. […] My inspiration for the theme I got from here: http://www.hwtm.com/2012/06/chevron-polka-dot-first-birthday-party-ideas/ […]

19. Franca ElHibir June 19, 2013 at 11:56 am

Where is the chevron print dress from? Adorable!!!!

20. Sarah July 18, 2013 at 9:01 am

Please tell us where you got the dress!!!

21. Shana July 31, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Jill where can I find the dress? Your party pics look amazing!

22. Chevron polka dot birthday cake | Foods, Drinks & Recipes August 8, 2013 at 5:06 am

[…] Chevron polka dot birthday cake via blog.hwtm.com […]

23. Raquel October 7, 2013 at 1:08 pm

How did you hang up the backdrop with the fabric? what kind of rod did you use? Also, did you sew the pocket rod?

24. Kara Burningham January 4, 2014 at 12:55 am

Where did you get the cute labels for the cotton candy?

25. Martha Fendt April 28, 2014 at 11:22 pm

I absolutely ADORE this theme!!! The colors, decorations, everything is totally what I’ve been looking for, but I never would have been able to put it all together like this-what an amazing job! I hope you are in the party planning business, if not, it’s definitely your calling! My daughter is turning 3 in June & I have been toying with the idea of having her party at this really cute/cool candy shop that does parties-the kids make their own cotton candy, they do arts & crafts using candy, lots of fun stuff. I’m not a big fan of sweets at such a young age & I do worry that maybe some of the parents of her preschool classmates might not LOVE it, but I figure it’s a special day. The place offered to decorate the party room for me, but I want to do it myself she this is just perfect!!!!! Would you be able to tell me where you purchased those napkins & that awesome hot pink chair? Where did you find all this great stuff, come to think of it? I’m going to put my own spin on it by adding some leopard decor too. I just cannot get over how perfect all this is for where im planning on throwing the party! Sorry, I went on a mini tangent, but yes if you could tell me where to find those great napkins & that chair, I would really appreciate it! Not sure how this site works but my email address is [email protected]….thank you in advance! And hey if you have any awesome ideas for her fathers upcoming surprise 40th I’m attempting to put together last minute by May 23rd, feel free!!! :) really hope to hear from you soon!!!!!

26. Sherree King May 6, 2014 at 5:10 am

Hello! I was wondering where you found the tablecloths

27. sarah December 5, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Looks great!

28. […] Polka Dots are always in fashion and yellow polka dots make great birthday party theme. Check them at Hostess with Mostess blog […]

29. Anu February 17, 2016 at 3:47 am

Nice them – good presentation of polka colors. cute child too :)