Talk about DIY! Mom, Natalie, crafted just about everything for her son Maxwell’s “Happily Grown. Locally Produced. Certified Adorable” first birthday! She collaborated with Betty of Vanda Events to produce a Charming Farmer’s Market Party with beautiful fresh fruits and veggies at a “U-PICK” stand, assorted popcorn and an adorable red barn smash cake!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Dol Ceremony with raffle with apple picking baskets
- Wooden homemade farmer’s market stand with assorted popcorn
- Petting zoo, pony rides, wet sponge race, & apple bobbing!
- Chalkboard labels for fruit, vegetables, cheddar & caramel korn
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Betty…
My client Natalie hired me to help plan her son Max’s 1st birthday party. She came up with a great Farmhouse/Orchard theme and that was the starting point. I helped her with ideas for decorations and rental resources, etc. I styled the dessert station which wasn’t hard to do since the desserts were amazing and all of the decorations Natalie had purchased were perfect for me to get creative.
Since Natalie used to be an event planner she was super organized and had some great ideas of her own as well. She crafted pretty much everything! The invitation was hand sewn by Natalie and she even painted the wooden sign hanging in the front of the house. Her brother Allen is quite the handy man as well and constructed all of the miniature fruit and vegetable stands as well! Most of the items such as tote bags, burlap bags, baskets, dessert station mini crates, etc were purchased from Paper Mart and the birthday burlap banner was purchased on Etsy. She printed out matching note cards for guests to write Max a note as a time capsule so he can open them on his 18th birthday. As you can see Natalie did not leave out any details when it came to her son’s 1st birthday party. It was such an honor for me to help her with this party and I look forward to more parties like this!
- Client’s name: Natalie Huynh
- Event Planner: Betty Lang of Vanda Events
- Caterer: Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill
- Photographer: Karleen Su of Pink Peony Photography
- Dessert Station: Annie Tran of Sweets by Annie
- Tables, chairs, linens, etc rentals: Baker Party Rentals
- Favor bags & decorations: Paper Mart
- Burlap birthday banner & wooden favor: Etsy
- Activities: Petting Zoo & Pony Ride
- Caricature Drawings: Max and Ruben