With the start of a new school year, a great way to get the kids excited for their new classes, teachers & of course, back to school shopping, is to throw a little surprise party for them! Valerie Gimre of Charming Touch Parties and Candace Miller from Lillypaul Designs get an A+ for their cleverly styled Fall-Inspired Vintage Back to School Celebration! I love the old schoolhouse in the background & the school subject inspired dessert table sections (especially the ‘cafeteria’ lunches). Parents everywhere are breathing a sigh of relief that summer “boredom” is now over ;).
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– School themed joke cards & encouraging words for school lunches + ‘explore’ & ‘learn’ themed party flags
– A world map dessert table backdrop + metallic globe cookies & vintage globe decor
– Number 2 pencil candy skewers, addition & subtraction flashcard cookies & ‘molecule’ sixlet test tubes
– Vintage books, red apples, wooden crates & rag tie bunting + a vintage school desk bench
PARTY DETAILS as told by Valerie…
It’s that time of year again. Back to School is upon us. Summer always seems to fly by. The kids have lived at the pool, picnic’d at the park, played outside until dark and soaked in the ease of summer. Getting back into a steady routine is always a little bittersweet. But, the promise of a new school year is always exciting and a little bit refreshing too.
Candace Miller from LillyPaul Designs and I collaborated to celebrate our little scholars as they enter a new school session. Since our kids cover quite a range of grades, we decided a fun “learning explorers” theme seemed appropriate and super fun.
We enlisted the help from Chicago graphic designer, Beth Kruse Custom Creations to design graphics and printables fitting for our gender neutral + modern theme. Our desserts covered the subjects our mini scholars might be studying in school. Each subject (language arts, math, science and social studies) was represented by it’s own medley of delicious and beautiful desserts. Travel and exploration was also an undertone in this party, as well, to symbolize each child’s journey throughout the school year.
Homework and parent teacher conferences will be a reality before we know it. For now, we’re going to relish in the excitement of sending our little ones back to school.
– Design & Styling: Charming Touch Parties & Lillypaul Designs
– Graphic Design and Printables: Beth Kruse Custom Creations
– Photography: Jennifer Kaye Photography
– Fabric Garlands: Lillypaul Designs
– Candy Kabobs: Sweets From Heaven, Outlets at Orange
– Globe Cookie Pops: Creating Awesomenessity
– Decorated Cookies: NatSweets
– Girls Ruffled Shirts and Hair Accessories: vintage bebe props