This Secret Garden Ballet Recital Birthday Party, styled by Wansze Cheng of Simple Elegance Melbourne, is sophisticated enough for any grown-up party, but perfectly sweet enough for this little ballerina! Wansze’s daughter is a tutu fanatic, so she made sure to include lots of tulle & ballet slippers, while also adding some lovely wild flowers to keep things feeling organic and graceful — just like a ballet!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- A ballerina topped garden birthday cake with painted greenery & cascading fondant flowers
- Garden terrarium centerpieces & a moss runner + mini easel place cards & crocheted doily place mats
- Hanging branches with tied in flowers + beautifully decorated garden cookies & ballerina cupcakes
- Tutu & tuxedo cups & tulle pom wands + tissue tassel garlands & ballet slipper cookie favors
PARTY DETAILS as told by Wansze…
My little girl has been obsessed with ballet for a year now. She wakes up wanting to wear a tutu, goes to sleep wanting to wear her tutu, twirls and does splits in the middle of the shopping aisle and loves watching ballerinas. It’s no surprise that I decided to do a Ballet themed party for her 3rd birthday.
Alea’s Secret Garden Ballet Recital was so much fun to style. The dessert table was set up to resemble a secret garden with the cake as the main stage with a ballerina (made to resemble my daughter) twirling on top. There was a photo booth area for adults and kids to create memories of this special day.
The kids table had personalised chalkboard easels with their names and a favour bag for each child. A Tutu Bag for girls and a Tuxedo bag for the boys. I told my daughter a special ballerina was coming to teach everyone how to dance ballet and there would be games and story telling too, so she had been looking forward to it for a few weeks. It was a fantastic decision to hire Chantelle as the kids were amazed and entertained for an hour. Seeing everyone’s laughing and happy faces made my day.
The best part of my day was later that night, as I was having my nightly snuggles with Alea, she held me tight and looked me in my eye to say, “I’m a lucky girl!” We talked about how she enjoyed her party and had fun with her friends, how she loved her beautiful cake and that it was very very delicious. Best feedback ever.
- Concept, Planning & Styling: Simple Elegance Melbourne
- Photography: Wardrobe Takes Flight (Credits to Shawn Litruthe and Stephen Yau)
- Desserts: Stylish Little Parties
- Cookie Favors: Bri Candy
- Dessert Table Floral Arrangements: Blossoms on Bell
- Dessert Table Arch, Photobooth backdrop & Ceiling Florals: Simple Elegance Melbourne
- Kids Table & Chairs: Mini Party People
- Marquee: Melbourne Table & Chair Hire/Sales
- Tassels: Divine Drops
- Printables: 2 Love Birds
- Shimmery Gold Word Block: By Invitation Only
- Alea’s Pink Tutu Skirt: Little Chiyo
- Ballerina Entertainer: Shanni’s Parties