With crisp air and cloudy skies creeping in, we’re loving this burst of sunshine from Paige Kepner of Paiges of Style! She celebrated her daughter’s special day with this You Are My Sunshine Birthday Party filled with cheerful decor, colorful chevron stripes & the cutest, “sunny” desserts (like those amazing sunshine cake pops). No matter the weather, it’s always fun to soak up some rays ;).
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Beautiful pink peonies & other bright flower arrangement table centerpieces on a yellow striped runner
- Color-blocked cake pops, cake parfaits, cotton candy topped cupcakes & a yellow striped sunshine cake
- Tissue tassel chandelier & balloon garlands + a DIY gold painted foam core & dowel sun backdrop
- Pink chevron birthday dress, a flower & sunshine headband & pom decorated chevron party hats
PARTY DETAILS as told by Paige…
Our daughter Quinne constantly has us laughing and is our little ray of sunshine. (Well,
truthfully, she also has me pulling my hair out at times like any 2-3 year old so she’s sort of like our little thunderstorm too.) We wanted to celebrate her colorful personality with a fun, cheerful party.
We’ve had such success in the past with clearing out a whole room for the day of the party and decorating it from top to bottom so we did it again! All of the sweet treats and the kids table were set up in our guest room that we transformed into a darling party space.
The desserts were set against a pink chevron and sun backdrop. The sun was made of foam core and wood dowels and spray painted yellow. The sunny desserts included all of Quinne’s favorite treats. We served cake, cupcakes, cake pops, cookies, raspberry lemon shortcake, macarons and lemonade.
The decor for the party was modern, simple and clean with gorgeous flowers stealing the show. Most of the flowers were from Trader Joe’s and arranged in just minutes. The tassel chandelier and the fabric chevron banners set against a white background allowed all of the vibrant colors to pop.
Guests dined on simple sandwiches, chips and enjoyed the DIY Mimosa Bar. They were sent home with a favor bag of sunflower seeds to keep “spreading the sunshine.”
- Printables & Event Styling: Paiges of Style
- Photography: Sprout Photography
- Cake & Cupcakes: Hey There, Cupcake
- Sun Cake Pops: K’creative
- Two Toned Cake Pops: Cake Ball Love
- Macarons: Natty Macs
- Sugar Cookies: Salsa Sweets
- Paper Cups, Straws, Balloons, plates, favor Bags: The TomKat Studio
- Sun Headband: Drop of Honey Bowtique
- Tassels: Paper Chain Press