Tulips, lilies & peonies, oh my! I am in LOVE with this gorgeous Spring Fling First Birthday Party, styled by Whitney Irene of Shiki for adorable, one-year-old Mila. From bunting to bundt cakes, flower crowns to crepe paper flowers, this bright affair is bursting with sunshine! And how cute is it that Mila’s dad stepped in to make that gorgeous floral archway?! Such a cute way to celebrate with the whole family & make some picture-perfect memories :).
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Shabby chic decor like the wooden birdhouses, burlap bunting & tiny floral prints
- A stunning flower adorned & chevron striped cake + easy desserts like bundt cakes & powdered doughnuts
- Bright painted bird cages, lace doily photo bunting & pinwheels + a mini gold birthday crown
- Gorgeous crepe paper flower bouquets on the backdrop & archway + a woodland fairy entertainer
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Whitney…
Mila’s 1st Birthday party was a mix of shabby chic with frilly spring pops of color. When Jennifer (Mila’s mom and our sorority sister) asked us to create handcrafted goodies for her party, we were thrilled. We created giant crepe paper blooms which adorned the arch made by Mila’s dad. The arch was a big hit for Mila’s large family and made the perfect setting for photos!
The children enjoyed making crafts, a buffet filled with food, and a magic/puppet show put on by fairies!
The true centerpiece of the party was the dessert table, covered with bundt cakes, a 3 tiered fondant cake, powdered donuts, Peruvian cookies: alfajores, and more! Our custom bunting, burlap banner, and 12 month photo banner were strung on a wooden backdrop made by Mila’s dad. Delicate paper rosettes and giant crepe paper flowers framed the scene and were complimented by a Giant “M” for Mila and a “1” for her 1st birthday.
Mila and her mom wore fresh flower crowns and toward the end of the party Mila changed into her party dress and glamorous lace crown by Shiki.
- Hand-crafted Decor: Shiki
- Party Planning: Jennifer Shalabi
- Photography: Sahar Muhamad