Step right up to see The Amazing Expanding Woman! Jamie Forsythe of Sweet Jelly Parties designed a Retro Circus Baby Shower for mommy-to-be Shannon that is quite the show… of creativity! Given free range with the theme, Jamie took inspiration from her dessert table backdrop, a fabulous red velvet tufted headboard, that reminded her of vintage circus costumes. She added a gold sequin linen, playful vintage props, pops of gold via animal painted figurines, and a delightfully colorful candy display, so take your seats because the Big Top attractions are about to begin!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Elephant cake topper + gold painted lion and giraffe figurines
- Hotdog station, lemonade, “Big Top” water bottle wraps and mustache cookies
- Creative strong man chocolate covered marshmallow dumbell weights
- Black & white stripe and gold sequin linens + burlap table runners
- Candy apples, peanuts, popcorn and assorted candy display
- Gold “juggling” bowling pins, vintage luggage, wire baskets and wooden dessert risers
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jamie…
An old friend came to me and asked me to take on her sister’s baby shower. I was told I could do whatever theme I wanted but just to make it fun. I had recently acquired this fabulous red velvet tufted headboard into my prop inventory and hadn’t had the chance to use it. The deep red color reminded me of old vintage circus costumes so that’s what got my thoughts going.
I wanted it to be fun and memorable. I made the invitation to look like a circus ticket and wanted the new mommy to be the main circus attraction so I came up with The Amazing Expanding Woman. I tried to pull as many aspects of the circus into that I could. I even hit up my local bowling alley to get some used bowling pins and spray painted them to look like juggling pins. In the end the mom was happy and everyone had a great time at the circus.