Mommy, Whitney Beachy, celebrated her little Beau turning one with a creative (and SUPER cute!) “Beau the Brave” First Birthday Party. Inspired by a print from his nursery, she whipped up a wonderful afternoon of outdoor fun for Beau and his “mighty warrior” friends + adorable tribal inspired party decorations in vibrant orange and blue.
I’m especially loving the orange ombre smash cake with its playful paper silhouette topper (and that sweet & messy birthday boy face!), Native American naming “ceremony” and the “Treats for the Tribe” dessert table.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Galvanized potted plant with a printable sign, orange arrow & framed birthday boy picture centerpieces
- Ombre arrow cupcake toppers, orange stripe painted macarons, tee pee cookies & “Chippewa Chips”
- Birch straws, big bright orange balloons, wood slice risers and geometric pattern printable party signs
- Black and white stripe tee pee with jumbo “1” mylar balloon and yarn pom garland
- “Little Chief” Table with bubbles, paper feather headdresses and framed baby pictures
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Whitney…
We had so much fun celebrating Beau’s First Birthday! We hesitated on going outdoors because of the weather, but at the LAST minute the weather cleared up with enough time to set up!
I was most inspired by a “Beau the Brave” print I bought for Beau’s nursery before he was born. I knew then that I would go with a pow wow theme for his first birthday. I was also inspired by lots of things on the internet along with some of my own ideas to make something extra special for my little guy. It was a wonderful celebration complete with a larger than life picture of “Beau the Brave”, a yummy taco bar, lots of sweet treats for the tribe and lots of bubble fun. It was truly a wonderful evening.
A few favorites were the cake and cake topper. It was so perfect and the Birthday Boy LOVED eating it with his hands and then his face. I loved putting together the photo boards and reminiscing of Beau’s first year. Another favorite was each guest was asked to learn their “Native American Name” by drawing two different rocks, which had different words written on them. We had fun reading each other’s name tags. Finally, I loved watching all the little ones run around with their bubbles and paper feather headdress.
- Photography: Eleven 28 Photography (The Birthday Boy’s Aunts!)
- Smash Cake, Macarons & Cupcakes: Made by a family friend
- Invitation, most printables, cupcake toppers, etc.: Belva June
- Cake Topper & Paper Feather Headdresses: GoldenStateKids
- Cookies: Hannah Banana Cookies
- Beau’s Shirt: Purple Possom
- Beau’s Shorts: LuckLagoon
- Beau’s Moccasins: SweetnSwag
- Teepee: BElittleyouandme
- Large 36in Balloons: Amazon
- Large 40in “1” Balloon: Amazon / Your Party Delivered
- “Beau the Brave” Print: StarandArrowDesigns
- Milestone Cards (black chalkboard): Amazon
- Wooden Arrows: Jane.com (painted orange)
- Large Picture Print: Staples
- Garland: DIY, paper from Joann Fabrics
- Bubbles: Target
- Birthday Poster: DIY, printed at SAMs Club