This one is for all the classic movie lovers out there! Khanh Le of Sakura Paper Co. and mommy to Max, channeled the 80’s hit movie for her son’s creative & nostalgic E.T. Movie Themed First Birthday. And seriously, guys… all these clever details just make my heart *glow*. Think red sweatshirts, stuffed animals, Reese’s Pieces, potted yellow flowers, Speak and Spells, and more iconic elements from the Spielberg-directed masterpiece. Let all the pictures by Ning Wong Studios take you back to a time when Extra-Terrestrial meant weirdly adorable!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Creative red sweatshirt utensil packs, blue icon placemats and an E.T. “moon” party plate
- Amazing E.T. face macarons by Honey & Butter Macarons + bicycle cookies by Amber’s Party Cookies
- Reese’s Pieces cups & faux decorated cake with an E.T. plush doll topper (including a light up finger!)
- “Speak and Spell” favor bags + mini clear jars with gummy frogs
- Cute potted yellow flower cupcakes by Sweet Embellishments Dessert Bar
- “Waddle like E.T.” game + a super clever STUFFED ANIMAL photo booth wall!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Khanh…
I’m an 80s child and I LOVED the 80s! I always like to have unique themes for my parties that aren’t bleeding all over Pinterest, so I went with my favorite childhood movie for this party…E.T.!
The sweets station used lots of Reese’s Pieces, including a dummy cake covered in Reese’s Pieces with a plush E.T. doll in which I added an LED light inside his finger! The centerpieces were the iconic potted flowers, utensils were inside red hoodie bags, and party favors included mini clear jars with gummy frogs inside. We even had a huge stuffed animal wall with cutouts for photos and a “Waddle Like E.T.” race!
Of all the DIY goods I made for the party, my favorite was the “Speak & Spell” goodie bag design. This was actually my favorite toy growing up which definitely contributed to my spelling bee championship at my school in 6th grade!