If you think this Vintage Victorian Baby Shower might be a little bit spooky, well…. you’re absolutely right! Inspired by the Haunted Mansion ride at Disney, Mallory Rajan of The French Confection Co. designed a gender neutral shower for her best friend with twins on the way! Pairing romantic lace linens and beautiful floral arrangements with a touch of creepy – bold black ribbons and empty pictures frames – is ultra chic, perfect for Fall and a refreshing divergent from the common pink and blue gender reveal party color palette.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Vintage black and white china, black lace overlay, tarnished gold candelabras & old stacked books
- “Cast your vote” + TWO intricate Victorian style decorated gender reveal cakes!
- Vintage white wicker baby carriage, a flower-filled basket and a sweet lace-strung “welcome” banner
- Brooch and picture frame inspired cookies and gold macarons + black and gold dessert display dishes
- Gold glittered and splattered chocolate and caramel covered apples from Sugar Studio
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Mallory…
This was a gender reveal baby shower for my best friend, who was having twins. My friend did not want the more traditional pink/blue color scheme with question marks, but something that represented her style a little more. It was her 10-year-old daughter, Kaylee, who suggested a “Haunted Mansion” theme since it was our favorite ride at Disneyland, and my friend is very much into the vintage Victorian style. So that was it. I had to figure out a way to plan the party so that it was not about death and ghosts, but to capture the elegance, romance, and beauty of that era with a little darkness/creepiness thrown into the mix.
I started with a color palette of tarnished gold/silver, black, white, and cream, and went from there. We used tarnished gold & silver pieces for the tables and dessert table, birdcages strung around with dark floral arrangements, black and cream colored lace as accents, and lots of candles/candelabras as well as books and other props to get that eclectic and vintage look. Sweet Jelly Parties really helped pull all of these pieces together, including a vintage pram that was filled with flowers, and a little children’s rocking chair that actually looked quite creepy. The vintage black and white china, flatware, and glasses from Borrowed Blu, really brought the tables together, and actually reminded me a bit of the dining room from “The Haunted Mansion”.
Of course the dessert table was a major focus, and consisted of a lace backdrop with empty picture frames, candle holders, and hanging vintage lace. We had two mini two tier cakes; each cake revealed what each baby was (turned out that they were both girls!). The cakes were surrounded by other vintage inspired desserts, from chocolate covered Oreos with Victorian buttons by Bella’s Bakery & Bowtique, to chocolate & caramel covered gold glittered apples by Sugar Studio. Everything was displayed on beautiful stands and platters from Minted & Vintage. Our lounge area was complete with vintage furniture from Circa Vintage Rentals and Sweet Salvage Rentals, and the beautiful floral arrangements were done by Love.Anne.Joy Design & Events.
Since this was a gender reveal, we definitely had to have some way for guests to take their guess as to what the babies were going to be. So World Wide Party designed amazing “Cast Your Vote” cards, in addition to the menus, and two other games. It was so much fun watching the parents-to-be cut into their cakes to reveal what they were going to have. And of course, the party overall was a huge success!
- Cakes, Desserts, Concept, Styling: The French Confection Co. / @thefrenchconfectionco
- Photography: Silence of the Lens Photography / @silenceofthelens
- Cake stands, compotes: Minted and Vintage / @mintedandvintage
- Vintage couch, coffee table, patina arbor, black & gold side table: Circa Vintage Rentals /@circarentals
- Graphic Design, printables: World Wide Party / @worldwideparty
- Dining chairs, arm chairs, side table, vintage books: Sweet Salvage Rentals / @sweetsalvagerentals
- Invitation printing: Polydot Printing / @polydotprinting
- Gold candelabra, lace overlay, baby carriage, kids rocking chair: Sweet Jelly Parties / @sweetjellyparties
- Florals: Love Anne Joy Design & Events / @loveannejoy
- Place settings, tableware, brass/tarnished silver pieces: Borrowed Blu / @borrowedblu
- Chocolate and caramel apples: Sugar Studio / @sugarstudio31
- Fabric, tassel garland: A Petite Soiree
- Chocolate covered Oreos: Bella’s Bakery & Bowtique / @bellabakery
- Small gold apple pedestals: The Glitter Shoppe / @theglittershop