Pancakes are a pretty big deal in our house, and sometimes I’m afraid to mess with the flavor too much because my girls usually just like the good ol’ fashioned buttermilk version to anything else. They even prefer plain pancakes to the chocolate chip version! 🤯(I definitely didn’t see that one coming.)
So imagine my surprise when they actually LOVED these Pumpkin Apple Spice Pancakes! These are super easy to make using a muffin mix as the base – the Pumpkin Spice Supreme Muffin Mix by Krusteaz.
Read on for the full recipe + a super cute way to serve them! Hint: gobble, gobble 😉
Turkey Shaped Pancakes
If you’ve got little ones to feed – or just love #cutefood yourself – here’s a fun way to make this breakfast even more exciting to *gobble* up………. turkey shaped pancakes!
These little pancake-and-apple turkeys are especially appropriate around Thanksgiving time, but I don’t see why they can’t come out and play at any time of year, really, right? Especially when they’re so easy to make..
Just fan out thin slices of apple for the feathers, then cut circles, a triangle and thin rectangles for the face and legs/feet. Craisins make for quick & easy eyeballs, and you can cut a small piece from one of them for the turkey’s snood (over the beak).
Pumpkin Apple Spice Pancakes
Servings: makes (16) 4-inch pancakes
- 1 box Krusteaz® Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix
- 1½ cups water
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium apple, finely diced
1. In medium bowl, blend together muffin mix, water, egg and oil until moistened.
2. Chop the apple into small pieces and gently stir into batter.
3. Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto lightly greased 375°F griddle (medium heat). Cook pancakes approximately 2 minutes per side, turning only once.
4. Serve with maple syrup. Optional: Garnish with diced apples and powdered sugar. ENJOY! :)