Birch logs are always fun for the holiday season, but even more so when they’re filled with treats! 🍪
This DIY packaging idea holds a LOT of cookies, so it’s great for loved ones that deserve EXTRA GENEROUS cookie gifts. 😉 This project is made from an empty Pringles canister wrapped in printable birch texture paper and adorned with small gold Styrofoam “berries” + a paper leaf.
- empty Pringles canister (or similar)
- printables: birch texture paper, patterned paper, & printable leaves
- hot glue gun
- natural twine
- decorative gold styrofoam balls (available at craft stores, Amazon, etc.)
- Cut the patterned paper to fit the size of your canister. I used tape to secure the first edge of the paper, then wrapped it around the can and secured the 2nd edge with hot glue. (You can also use tape for both edges – hot glue is just “hidden” better on the 2nd edge.)
- Use the lid to trace a circle onto patterned paper. Cut it out and hot glue it to the top of the lid.
- Embellish the birch log with twine, wrapped around a few times.
- Hot glue 3 styrofoam balls onto the twine to create a cluster of gold “berries”, then finish with a printable leaf!
Fill the canister with your favorite holiday cookies or other homemade treats!
I used Gingerbread Cookies (made with Krusteaz Gingerbread mix) and decorated them with white chocolate covered pretzels and nonpareils. (To make, press a pretzel into the center of each cookie while still warm and sprinkle with nonpareils.)