How sweet are these tiny, winter-hat wearing owls?! In addition to being a fun holiday craft project, these little guys make super cute gift toppers. For example, try hot gluing them onto the lids of mason jars and other flat-topped favor containers filled with edible treats. :)
And if you feel like going all out with the details, you can also decorate their chocolate “winter hats” with small craft pom toppers, craft paint (think red and green stripes like an elf hat), or fuzzy pipe cleaner accents for a Santa-inspired look! Here’s how you make them…
DIY WINTER HOLIDAY CORK OWLS
- Wine corks
- Craft wiggle eyes
- Colored felt (I used the Handmade Modern felt from Target)
- Hershey’s KISSES in the colors of your choice
- Hot glue gun
1. Hot glue a pair of wiggle eyes to the top of each cork. Note: oversize eyes add to the cuteness factor on these!
2. Cut small triangles from orange felt for the “beaks”.
3. Cut small leaf shapes from additional colors of felt to act as the “wings”.
4. Hot glue the beaks and wings onto the corks.
5. Hot glue a Hershey’s KISS “winter hat” to the top of each owl!