These Flamingo Party Favors are a fun way to give your flamingo party guests a sweet send-off!
I initially designed them as a bridal shower favor idea for Hershey, but you can definitely use the non-veil-wearing flamingos for other occasions too… like birthday parties, girls nights, playful summer gift ideas, etc. ;)
The pink Hershey kisses provide a nice “tail feather” shape to start off the flamingo body, then I filled the rest of the body with more pink Kisses + pink Rolos and just shaped it by hand. The goal is a general half-moon shape, but it definitely doesn’t need to be perfect! Scroll down for full DIY details + a matching printable flamingo Favor Sign and Bridal Bingo Card.
FLAMINGO PARTY PARTY FAVORS TUTORIAL
- Pink Hershey’s KISSES (7 per favor)
- Pink ROLOS (5 per favor)
- Printable Flamingo Heads
- 3×5″ Cellophane Bags
- Bamboo Skewers
- Hot glue gun
- Wire Cutters (or strong scissors)
1. Print and cut out the Flamingo Heads.
2. To form the body of the flamingo, drop a single Hershey’s KISS into one corner of the cellophane bag, pointy side facing down. This will form the tail end of the body. Continue filling the bag with pink KISSES and ROLOS until you have 12 pieces total. Shape the bag of candy into a half circle, then twist the excess cellophane tightly and tape it down in the back.
3. Using wire cutters or sturdy scissors, trim the tops of 2 bamboo skewers down to 6” tall. Insert the pointy ends of the skewers into the bag of candy to create the flamingo’s legs, piercing 2 pieces of chocolate to keep the legs securely in place.
4. Hot glue a paper flamingo top to the body. Done!
Tip: For a creative presentation idea, display the flamingos in a “lake” of Hershey’s KISSES. To create this look, fill a square or rectangular container with Styrofoam or dry floral foam (for the flamingo legs to stick into), and cover the foam with blue KISSES. You can also place a piece of blue tissue paper over the foam before adding the candy to help conceal any gaps where the foam color may show through. Insert the flamingo legs through the candy and into the foam to make them stand upright in the “pool”. 😉
MORE FREE PRINTABLES:
- Matching 4×6” Flamingo Favor Sign.
- Matching Flamingo Bridal Bingo Cards.