Party PRO Member Linda Ly of Grand Soirées Event Design & Coordination celebrated her new baby, Lana Katherine, with a fun and fabulous Gorgeous Sprinkle Sparkle Baby Shower! With a Winter + New Year’s twist, this glam gold and silver shower had fun games, gorgeous family photos by Sarah K Chen Photography and a seriously amazing dress (you look stunning Linda)!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Silver sparkle tablecloth, ruffle chair backs and gold tulle pom napkin rings
- “Baby It’s Cold Outside” White hot Chocolate Station
- Gold and Silver 3 tier cake by A Wish and A Whisk
- “Project Bumpway” game, “snowball” fight and a baby shower question game!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Linda…
I was fortunate enough that my friends wanted to host a sprinkle that they wanted me to design. The theme was Sprinkle/Sparkle, a new year’s eve & winter inspired party with loads of sparkle. Lana Katherine is our second baby and we wanted to have a fun and fabulous party to celebrate a new baby on the way but we really didn’t need the gifts. It was nearly New Year’s and we were in a festive and sparkling mood. The colors were snowy white, silver and gold.
We decorated the center table with a linen that had silver sequins on the top and white chiffon ruffles on the sides. The tables flanking the center table had white satin linens. The chairs were lucite chiavaris. We did centerpieces of winter white florals in mercury glass on vintage jewelry platters and jumbo clear latex balloons filled with confetti and flying with metallic streamers.
The invitations were screen printed, using a Yudu, onto sheets of lucite. The place cards were also lucite, which enabled us to trace guests names onto them using silver paint. We spiral cut organza to make skirts for the chiavari chairs and then made extra large sequin and rhinestone headbands to slip onto the chairs as an accent.
The hot cocoa bar banner was made by pleating glitter wrapping paper from paper source and cutting out letters and shapes using a Cricut. Instead of serving hot chocolate, we served white hot chocolate to go with the winter white decor of the party.
The favors were white hot cocoa to take to-go. We layered marshmallows, white chocolate chips and white chocolate cocoa powder inside cylindrical silver paper containers purchased from Paper Mart.
For activities, we had a maternity fashion challenge we dubbed Project Bumpway, questionnaires and onesie decorating. The kiddos had an impromptu snow ball fight using cotton they found in our fashion challenge supplies.
- Design, Invitation, Paper Goods, Place Cards: Grand Soirees Event Design & Coordination
- Photography: Sarah K Chen Photography
- Invitation Tool: Yudu from Provocrafts
- Favor Boxes: Paper Mart
- White Hot Cocoa: Ghirardelli
- Hot Cocoa Bar Banner: Paper Source & Cricut
- Tabletop Rentals: Classic Party Rentals
- Tables & Chairs: ChiavariChairRentals.com
- Florals: Floral Sense
- Catering: Crepes Bonaparte
- Cake: A Wish and A Whisk