- Melbourne, Victoria
- Party Albums:
Ice cream party (17 photos)
The inspiration for this cute ice cream party came after I was asked to make an “ice cream” cake for one of the designers at Kikki K who created the new Sundae collection and I fell in love with all the gorgeous Spring pastel colours http://www.kikki-k.com/shop/category/collection/kids-stationery-sundae/ .
Immediately my head was spinning with ideas. I knew my daughter Annike, the birthday girl, loved ice cream and that we would have real ice cream at the party as well as ice cream related activities (they made ice cream out of fabric, cotton wool and paint on mini canvases). But I also knew that realistically we could not have ice cream on the dessert table as it would all melt. So instead I brainstormed and created a menu of items that would fit into the Sundae theme.
Some of the food items we had was choc pops (white chocolate melts flavoured with raspberry, caramel or vanilla candy oil then tinted in the pastel colours, poured into an icy pole chocolate mould and left to set), Ice cream pops (cake balls dipped in pastel white chocolate then placed onto mini ice cream cones), ice cream cookies, ice cream sundae cupcakes, mini strawberry mousse, mini milkshakes (each glass rim was dipped in white chocolate then dipped in sprinkles), mini popcorn served in Robert Gordon striped ice cream cups, fruit cones (fresh strawberries, grapes and water melon served in white paper cones) and macarons (lemon and strawberry).
The cake was a 2 tier lemon and raspberry buttercake filled with raspberry buttercream, the ice cream topper inspired by the Sundae collection.
Each child went home with a party box filled with ice cream pencil, ice cream note pad, icy pole eraser, bag of ice cream lollies and icy pole soapcicle.
- Party styling and food by Leoni Jena from Just call me Martha (www.justcallmemarthaa.blogspot.com)
- Photography by Mel Riddell (www.melriddell.com)
- Venue and ice cream cart prop (including the 4 lanterns) by Petit Atelier (http://www.petitatelier.com.au/)
- Party favour tags, suitcase, eraser, pencil, notebook and wrapping paper by Kikki K (http://www.kikki-k.com/shop/category/collection/kids-stationery-sundae/)
- Invitation and matching ice cream print by The little Humbugs (http://www.etsy.com/shop/thelittlehumbugs)
- Pink wire Ice cream holders, lolly vessels, party plates, party cups and serviettes by The Little Big Company (http://www.tlbc.com.au/)
- Pastel milk bottles and flowers by Lily Chic Events http://www.lilychicevents.com.au/LCE/Welcome.html
- Pale yellow cake stand and lollies used on the ice cream by Sweet Style (http://www.sweetstyle.com.au/?page_id=63)
- Mini pastel yellow cupcake stand by Tout Mon Amour (https://www.facebook.com/#!/ToutMonAmour)
- Birthday girl’s pale yellow and pink ruffle pettiskirt by Penny’s Pettiskirts ( https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pennys-Pettiskirts/110417595694905)
- Dessert table food labels by Confetti Prints ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/ConfettiPrints?ref=seller_info )
- Favour soap popsicles by KC SoapsNmore (http://www.etsy.com/shop/KcSoapsNmore)
- Various white vases for the flowers by Ikea (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/)